SAU Community

New R32 GTR owner

drunken0elf

New R32 GTR owner

Hey! What's up ya'll?

My name is Antoine and I'm a proud new owner of a 1991 R32 GTR. Now unfortunatly I don't have any pictures for you all today but I would like to eventually post some. Maybe even start a build thread/fix thread?? dedicated to fixing the few things wrong with the car.. I currently live in Quebec/Canada and here in Quebec we are the only province that banned RHD vehicles. Yep that's right nor more rhd vehicles since 2009 in quebec. I'm lucky I managed to buy one road legal. 

I have a few things that need to be fixed on the car.

1. Horn doesn't work.

2. The back side windows are painted black. Makes it real ahrd seeing upcoming traffic.

3. Now it's not really an issue for me, but worth asking. When the engine is still warm and I start the car again, I need to give it some gas or else it won't start. 

4. The sorta not big deal but annoying problem that I'd really like to eventually get fixed is this : Everytime I change gears it smells like burnt gas all over the cabin for a few secs then it goes away. It has HKS blowoff valves (external) and I think this might be the issue. I read somewhere that the car was factory tuned with recirculating valves?? Need your opinion on this. I'm thinking that the car shoots more fuel into the mix because it's expecting an air return but never gets one resulting in a crazy rich mixture. 

and to keep on the subject of burnt fuel smeel, I swear I'm not imagining this, but when I was cruising back home on the highway (motorway?? that how you guys say it?) I think I saw fume coming out of the heand break once and a while. 

Now the fuel smell doesn't really bother me, what bothers me is that I smell like arse when I'm done driving the car and need to wash my clothes and take a shower oh and that my GF complains about the smell lol.

Cheers!

The HKS blow off valve you should replace with the standard recirculating system.

The fuel smell is unlikely to be from this so you should try and find it elsewhere.  No one likes smelling like arse but then again having your car catch on fire is even less enjoyable.

Finally had some time this weekend to take my new acquisition for a spin, wash it and find a car cover for it. 

Here as promised, some pictures.

Cheers!

595068fbe1ee9_IMG_04771.thumb.jpg.c1ddb84f08e1268347facd7aa2d164d9.jpg595068fe878b6_IMG_04811.thumb.jpg.9211a6dca36053fa3d6e431acbe5e562.jpg5950690662bab_IMG_04821.thumb.jpg.237d74ca607e2e5fb8889259907b8aee.jpg5950690c23255_IMG_04841.thumb.jpg.1fd59236c378f7b17f47fe1e447a1d4b.jpg

Edited by drunken0elf
  • Like 7