SAU Community

SAU NSW Monthly Meet - Robertson Pie Shop Cruise 9th July

Redline_GTR

14 hours ago, hy_rpm said:

Good drive up macquarie pass
Traffic slowed us down

1) Going up Mac Pass in the lead car, being slowed down was a pain. But I'd slow down to a crawl quite often and then do squirts. If that message didn't filter back through the pack, would you guys like this system to be conveyed at any future briefings?

2) Going down Jamberoo Pass after lunch, the traffic was just as bad but decided that Swamp Rd would be worth the wait and remained patient instead of overtaking only to be caught by radar on straight stretches. This Jamberoo Mountain Rd has now been upgraded with new hotmix tar. It's worth a revisit.

3) Swamp Rd. After going through Jamberoo township, (rather than go back through Albion Pk), there's Swamp Rd on the left (on the road to Kiama). It's worth the run. You can let your car out along there. A combination of straight stretches through farmland interspersed with 25Km right angle turns in 2nd gear followed by more straights. The shoulders are sharp and you need to watch your line. At the northern end, some off camber sweepers are a great test for car and driver. It's just as enjoyable as the two Passes.

10 hours ago, Yo-Yo said:

It was good to see some new faces & catch up with some familiar ones :). Just a quick mash up of the cruise from my perspective. Cheers!

Thanks PJ on behalf of the Club!
Terrific!

• Like 1

Great cruise and day overall, perfect weather as well. Thanks to all who organised and attended.

@GTR-N1 Terry the slow down and squirt message was definitely received, despite the mediocre pace I was still able to get in a few good blasts!

• Like 1