SAU Community

New r34 gtt NEO owner

Toombs

New r34 gtt NEO owner

Hey people, new 34 gtt neo owner here, been on the site here for a while finding tips for my car and finally decided to join up. My car is a stock R34Gt-t RB26 NEO and she hates me haha. Had alot of problems since I bought her unfortunately and all i want is for her to run smooth. Shes gota power fc with the steel bearing turbo, tuned at 15psi but has probs with a power cut (i think) on WOT boost. Felt like she wasnt breathing right so disconnected catch can and she was great.. albeit illegal... so thats just the tip of the iceberg lol. See you in the forums!!!

Hey mate, welcome.

If you've got a GTT you have an RB25, not RB26. Just fyi. (probably just a typo :P )

Also, you say it's stock but it's running 15psi? That's too high buddy and is also likely a cause of some problems pending the tune. Turn it down to 10-12psi before you pop your snail!

It's also very strange that disconnecting your catch can would help with the issue you described. You've gotta be careful with your plumbing with stuff like that too, but you say it's running right now so I'll take your word for it.

Throw up some pictures so we can see what you're working with. :) 

2 hours ago, inmaniac said:

Hey mate, welcome.

If you've got a GTT you have an RB25, not RB26. Just fyi. (probably just a typo :P )

Also, you say it's stock but it's running 15psi? That's too high buddy and is also likely a cause of some problems pending the tune. Turn it down to 10-12psi before you pop your snail!

It's also very strange that disconnecting your catch can would help with the issue you described. You've gotta be careful with your plumbing with stuff like that too, but you say it's running right now so I'll take your word for it.

Throw up some pictures so we can see what you're working with. :) 

Yea my bad rb25 neo (typo) but 15 is ok. Mechanic had a look and said its highflowed... my mistake i shouldve mentioned that. 

But as for the catch can.. the problem was it was shooting black smoke and sometimes white (both on boost and idol) was repaired by the mech but kept happening.. he checked everything. All seal.. patched up 7 vac/boost leaks and reset to factory the power fc and completely new tune. Had a hunting issue before but its not soo bad now on idol. I find it weird to be running without the catch hoses connected but it seems to like it :/ if i connect it up it feels like its not getting enough breathing room. Will grab a pic up tomorrow, if there was a way for vids id do that 

• 2 months later...

I played with the catch can a while back, with the air filter on the tip it hunted and farted and didn't like it, with the filter removed and blocked and it idled and drive like a gem, since then I have removed it all together and just have it plumes back to the intake and it's faultless, oh and tracked every month with no concern.