SAU Community

R33 GTR coolant leaking

R33 GTR coolant leaking

I found out lately coolant leaking at the back of the engine under intake manifold. There is a pain on the ass to check this, cant see anything. I think i will have to take out my intake manifold

I tracked day my car on hot weather and after 10 minutes of hard driving on the track all coolant leaked out under high pressure. After next 15 minutes all cooland was out, about 4 liters. Something is not holding right on big pressure inside the cooling system. I did not had problems like this before and have done around 50 000km after single turbo convertion. Never experineced single cooland leaking before. 

I am planning to do it myself with some random shop and try to fix the problem. What seals should i change or can be the thermostat?

Where is the thermostat located in the r33 GTR?

I am thinking also about the turbo water lines, what else should i check or change? I have only one shot after i take this intake manifold so i want to change everything i can and all the seals.

I attached the photo where this cooland leaking occurs. 

Also this leaking is no all the time, most of the time i drive there is no leaking at all, on normal daily driving or during the night.

Anybody experienced such a problem?

$_nissan_skyline_gt_r_rb26_japonia_$1415726294_by_motokiller10.jpg

Yeah right under there is T ( for want of better word ) where the feed for the turbo water line and something else ( maybe heater ) comes out of head or maybe too if block. But no surprises you have leak there. Only under high pressure so could just be clamp not holding. Intake off is a prick.
Obviously left hand drive !? Looks weird with brake booster etc on hot side.

4l in 15 min is a big leak.it will be obvious where it is coming out. If the hose isnt split try replacing the clamp. If you spot fix this leak expect another leak to follow in the short term.

At least you will be back on the road driving. No one likes chasing heater hose leaks.