SAU Community

Braking upgrade

Just to shake things up I have been using the Nulon Extreme fluid in the yellow bottle for $7/500ml. 

I change it regularly but I've used it in all 5 (2 day) tarmac rally events I've done plus regular friendly track days without any issues at all. 

25 minutes ago, sweefu said:

I have been using the Nulon Extreme fluid in the yellow bottle for $7/500ml. 

We ran this until earlier this year as well. Changed to RBF600 after cooking the Nulon at the track, then changed to RBF660 when we needed new fluid. Haven't had issues with either of the Motuls to date.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GeeDog said:

We ran this until earlier this year as well. Changed to RBF600 after cooking the Nulon at the track, then changed to RBF660 when we needed new fluid. Haven't had issues with either of the Motuls to date.

Interesting that you cooked the Nulon. My car is a 200sx, possibly a bit lighter?

I don't think you would continuously brake as often in a tarmac rally compared to circuit racing either which is why I might get away with it. There's often long stretches of road so things get a chance to cool down a bit 

5 hours ago, sweefu said:

Interesting that you cooked the Nulon.

Our car is also doing "double duty" at the track - 1 driver goes out for a session, comes in, less than 10 minutes later the second driver goes out. It's also Malalla, which is hard on brakes.