SAU Community

S14-15 vs Evo 7-9 Track Car

S15 vs Evo 7-9 Track Car  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

S14-15 vs Evo 7-9 Track Car

Let the shit talk begin. 

As a club level dedicated track car, which would you choose and why? 

Evo is well regarded as one of the best track platforms around, but  Silvia's can hold their own as well. 

For arguments sake, limit the budget to 40k purchase/build price as this is Club level events we're talking (sprints, enduro's etc, not door to door racing). 

Silvia is lighter, less complexity in terms of drivetrain and electronics, cheaper most likely, and easier to work on at home maybe?

Evo comes factory with TS turbo, has proven AWD platform, stronger motor and gearbox (5spd).

Edited by ActionDan

Budget includes acquiring the car. To be fair yopu can get this for $25k or less and it would be fairly capable.

https://tracksales.com.au/browse/circuit/timeattack/2005-evo-9-track-day-car-554.html

Same power would see S15 with better power/weight. Is Evo grip enough to make up for that I wonder. 

This is a skyline forum, so R33 GTST is my choice, has a gearbox and engine that doesn't break easily. Can get decent ones for under 10k, that leaves 30k+ for fasts. Can make just about any car quick with that budget. Probably wont be as fast as an evo with the same $ spent on it but will definitely be a lot of fun. Just a little biased lol :)

• Like 1

Lol. That is one confused car. I reckon it's a 7 shell. No alloy roof.

It's funny this situation because 2 of my mates had an s14 and the other an s15.

The s14 guy went to a evo 7
The s15 guy went to a evo 8mr

Both beat their times at South cct with mild setups ie coilovers and tyres.

Mild or mildER? 

Comparison doesn't mean much without knowing specs of each car. IF they were same tyres, same power and nothing else largely different, then cool. Thoguh you'd want to factor in cost to switch to the Evo vs gain in lap time.

If we're talking 300kw silvia's on semi's vs stock turbo evo's on good road tyres but still going faster, then damn :D

If I recall both silvias had the same setup (230kw)
GT2860
Injectors
Fuel pump
Exhaust (obviously lol)
(S14 had alloy radiator)
FMIC
Coilovers
Toyo r888/re55/a050/z221

Evo 7 (200kw)
Turbosmart wastegate actuator
Fuel pump
Exhaust
Coilovers
Toyo r888/a050/re55

Evo 8mr (230kw)
Turbosmart wastegate actuator
Fuel pump
Exhaust
Dunlop DZ03g/re55/RSRR

Silvias pushed coolant out the overflow nearly every track day.

This would have been my pick if i had the guts to sell my 34R and commit to more track time

Built motor, 5spd, front & rear diffs, mca golds, cage, can be registered.

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/id/18669/latest/1

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4636253?_ga=2.78987730.710373335.1498453303-698391425.1478472892

Edited by squareznboxez
  • Like 2