SAU Community

S14-15 vs Evo 7-9 Track Car

S15 vs Evo 7-9 Track Car  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I run low boost 230kw and continually place in the top 10 of my Interclub supersprint which consists of 60-80 cars.
And I'm not even using real r comps.

You say competitive but what are you going to compete in?
Wtac? Then yes. You're going to need at least 400kw

• 1 month later...

I never wound up tracking my old 180sx, but my current evo 6 absolutely caned it in terms of grip, even on comfort spec bilsteins, OEM height and street alignment, nearly same tyre as well (re002/re003). I subsequently got MCA purples and RS3s, went to Wakefield for the first time ever (outside of PC sims I guess) and still shat out some fast times, despite decidedly lacklustre driving abilities. People say evos are basically cheating and I can see why... mostly jealousy. But at the same time they're not wrong.

HOWEVER, that being said, there's more to life than lap times. And there's always some arsehole at the track who's faster than you. The two cars are apples and oranges. The S chassis was the entry level option from Nissan and it admittedly lacks performance - but despite being the cut-price option it's still a pure sports car and drives as such. The Evo 4-6 was significantly more expensive in its day, but it's a basic bitch sedan turned rally homologation special, with a whole heap of compromise in terms of form (I think?), but greatly enhanced function -  vastly better engine response and head flow, faster steering rack, huge brakes and oil cooler from factory... and yet in some respects it still feels like I'm driving a riced out sedan. That feeling fades completely once I hit some curves at speed, because the handling really is sublime, the car rotates so easily and there's grip for days coming out of corners.

If you just want lap times for the lowest $ the choice is obvious tho

Edited by Skepticism
  • Like 3