SAU Community

R33 gtst rear end play with hicas delete?

Hi guys

Today i jacked up my car to test fit my new wheels. Now when i was tightening them up i noticed the rear wheels had play in them, like it would if the hicas tie rods were worn out (sidewards play). the thing is i have installed a gktech hicas delete kit so i don't know where the play could be coming from.

I have noticed the car has been a bit squirmy when planting it, when i got the wheel alignment done after the delete kit they didn't mention anything is loose.

I will check under the car tomorrow just looking for some insight on what could be causing the issue.

I wouldn't recommend poly for the lower inners.  New good rubber ones there, to try to retain t least a little NVH reduction.  The upper inners are frequently good to put poly bushes with adjustable crush tubes in.  The outer bushes are generally in the upright, which makes changing them a bigger job.

Found out what this issue was.

The GK tech hicas delete kit didn't come with bolts so i used some high tensile bolts i got from bursons. Turns out these bolts aren't a perfect fit and have a small amount of play. Going to contact GK tech and ask them what bolts i should be using.