SAU Community

Cars you regret selling.

6 hours ago, PLYNX said:

Oh yes lets go there ! ! ! 

Old school ! : -

1966 HR Holden Premier 186S that was factory fitted with the opal four speed gearbox ( these were supposed to run at Bathurst in the day but the gearboxes didn't make it off the boat in time )

Alfa Romeo 1968 Gulia Sprint GT AM - this was a very rare supercharged model that was fitted out in Europe with all the race fruit for the time.

1948 Ford Anglia Coupe - this one was a light weight racing model and had a hand built all aluminum body.

And now I must got and punch myself in the head yet again for selling them ! ! !   

Oh dear. You've really got to stop selling cars. these are some fantastic cars, I would love to see any pictures you have of them. 

I regret selling my GTR badly.. it just wasn't the right car for me at the time (I had to daily it)

I've had a few s15's aswell but this is the only one I regret. Aero, regamaster EVO's, sunroof .. so much fun to drive aswell.

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

s15.jpg

Edited by jaysevu
  • Like 3

I have two.

1. VJ K12 (police spec) Charger. It had a 265 and I threw out the 727 torqueflite and installed a 4 speed. No hydraulics on the clutch, just rods and levers.... It had a lot of rust...

2. UC Torana Hatch. If i had it now I would swap the 202 for an RB26. IIRC it only weighed 1100kgs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jaysevu said:

I regret selling my GTR badly.. it just wasn't the right car for me at the time (I had to daily it)

I've had a few s15's aswell but this is the only one I regret. Aero, regamaster EVO's, sunroof .. so much fun to drive aswell.

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

s15.jpg

Dat s15 ??

Switch my 2003 civic for a 2011 bmw. Never should of.

Civic > bmw anyday. Germans make good cars, but when you by a 3k$ warranty from a used car dealership and they tell you that if anything need fixing they'll fix it with oem parts but when you need something fixed they cheap out on it.

I'm still pissed off.

IMG_5341.jpg

Well I'll never own one of these again, this was my childhood poster car. Beautiful machine imo but I got board of it, too slow, lol
After I sold it I bought this
IMG_5342.jpg
My favourite car, even though it was my first GTR and I bought it, not knowing nearly enough about these cars and what to actually look for, unfortunately it became a money pit and I was eventually forced to sell it, but I know the new owner and it is in good hands and has been now properly built and where it should be. So I don't actually regret selling it but it's the only car that after selling I said to myself, "I will own another one some day"
So I bought this to try to fill the void
IMG_5097.jpg

It was a very good car, best family car I've owned, smooth comfortable and plenty of room for the kids (I have 3). It had a supercharged LS3 making 400awkw and was a torque monster but it just didn't give that same 'rush' you get with a well tuned RB.
So here I am ready to jump back into my favourite car I've ever owned!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrFijiGold said:

Many regrets letting this one go. Best GTR I've owned to date.

IMG_4304.jpg

This car has been orphaned 4 times!!! And she has still done less than 60,000Kms!!!

She never asked for or deserved such treatment!!! After all, she was serviced in Japan by Nissan!!!

Now she has a long term owner in Michael!!!

So, now I feel better!!! My guilt has been absolved as well!!! :)

How long ago did you sell this beast?

Over a year now I believe. Good mates with new owner. He is treating this car like a queen!

This car has been orphaned 4 times!!! And she has still done less than 60,000Kms!!!
She never asked for or deserved such treatment!!! After all, she was serviced in Japan by Nissan!!!
Now she has a long term owner in Michael!!!
So, now I feel better!!! My guilt has been absolved as well!!! [emoji4]

Couldnt agree more. Im first on the list to buy it back :)

IMG_8064.thumb.PNG.f9855c8eee57ffc4fa0b5cf15ce4dd32.PNGIMG_8065.PNG.7fda96f8b624f9624fa55f722e9ad0a9.PNG

2005 evo 9 loved it had wish I bought another which I did buy another evo  but was a evo 7 with 8 motor haha, evo 9 are great for daily but I found the six speed not up for the task on the highways. 

IMG_8054.JPG.c4b2f269233c42760a93dd833592d8c4.JPG

IMG_7977.thumb.JPG.997ceabd21f0b2628c098d726e3e61cb.JPGI'm gonna really miss this bad boy when it's gone soon to a new home!!!

Edited by QUP29
Another pic

I see a number of people who miss their evos. I've got my eye on a 6.5 TM edition. Need a car to throw around and not worry about breaking.

1600-1.jpg

Bought new in 1970 from Capitol Motors Auburn.

1600-5.jpg

I put on the dual throat 45DCOE Weber via Lynx Manifold

1600-4.jpg

The obligatory Smiths Tacho and Vacuum Gauges

1600-7.jpg

Sold in 1974 to some happy chappy!

• Like 1

Can't relate to this thread - never sold a car/vehicle. I get too attached to them, so the only way they part from my life is via written off or stolen. I also see lots of regret when people sell their Skylines, so tend to use others experience to learn lessons without making the mistake myself :D

• Like 5

Or a history of writing off cars lol...

To be honest, haven't owned that many. I stay with them for a long time - R33 GTS-T is 8 years and counting.

So with that in mind, perhaps we can include cars we regret writing off?! My first car...

IMG_4481.JPG.25de0bc54e28508163304edf557d4202.JPGIMG_4482.JPG.9a7a53b9403172f20272edb211226cda.JPG

These were seriously underrated! Too expensive when new and shitty servicing by Holden gave them a bad rep for reliability. 2 litre non turbo putting out 110kw in 1989, before the age of variable valve timing and without individual throttle bodies. A friend and I topped out his at 230km/h on the old airport runway...

I still have the engine, rebuilt with cams/gears, light flywheel, quaife LSD, ported/polished head, large throttle body etc. Might put it in a Caterham one day :whistling:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, junkie said:

damn, dont see those anymore. the turbo 4x4 versions were pretty cool back in the day

Yes they were! 15 years ago we used to have a car club and forum for them with ~50 regular users. Sure got some weird looks cruising in a convoy of 12 cars. You would see 1 a week on the roads back then, these days about 1 a year if that :(