SAU Community

R32 Gtr Injector/Pump Issue

R32 gtr

Just rebuilt the motor and the car will crank but will not start. The first problem I found was that the fuel pump relay (Green one in boot I believe) is getting power but the 2 pin connector to the pump is not, I've tested the pump out of the car it works fine (brand new pump). I've also ran constant 12v to the pump to get it working (fuel is definitely coming out) but the car still wouldn't start. I have connected the sender hose to the line that goes to the back of the fuel rail which I think is correct.

Second issue is that the injectors have a weak pulse, inserting a noid light barely lights up 3 times and then stops lighting up after that.

Ecu is an Apexi Power FC, injectors are denso 720cc
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Edited by Giaccovitch

Fuel pump electric problems can be related to the fuel pump control module (which switches either a soft or a full earth when its working) dying, and many people bypass it and run a new earth to the pump. I did that after the second FPCM died.

Re injectors, if they're high impedance then you need to bypass the resistor pack.

Long shot try jump starting. If it turns over really well it might lull you into a false impression of how much juice the battery is pumping out.

16 hours ago, MrStabby said:

Fuel pump electric problems can be related to the fuel pump control module (which switches either a soft or a full earth when its working) dying, and many people bypass it and run a new earth to the pump. I did that after the second FPCM died.

Re injectors, if they're high impedance then you need to bypass the resistor pack.

Long shot try jump starting. If it turns over really well it might lull you into a false impression of how much juice the battery is pumping out.

Will have a look at the fuel pump control module, I've heard about running a new earth to the pump, I'll have a search around if I can't get it working with the control module. Also they are Denso 720cc injectors 195500-0830 not sure if they are high impedance or not, if so what's the best way to bypass the resistor pack? i'm pretty sure I don't have a resistor pack as it was taken off the car by the previous owner

• 2 months later...