• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

steve200b    34

Looking at converting to a drive by wire setup on my rb2530 with ffp. Was looking at either a 350z tb and pedal or be commodore tb and pedal. Looking for feedback on anyone who has done the conversion

steve200b    34
  • Topic Author
  • Traction control and cruise control are the main reasons and I'm wiring in a new haltech ecu now so easier to do it all at once

• Like 1

Steve85    182

Mmmm cruise control. :)

• Like 1

Komdotkom    7

I'm going the Commodore route at the moment. Seems to be pretty straight forward but the plug for the TB is a bitch to find. I'm running a Plazmaman plenum with a custom adapter for the TB and a custom pedal mount (got Tilton brake and clutch so I needed to line then up anyway)

I'm going DBW for throttle blipping and smoother traction control, the Motec traction can be a bit harsh I find with ignition cut.

I am yet to fire it up so I don't have any real world experience for you, but I'm loving no idle control and throttle cable in the engine bay.

Edited by Komdotkom

Sub Boy32    56

I'm running a 350z pedal and a LS2 throttle.

The 350z pedal bolts straight in so it's a no brainer and the plug is the same as a Toyota stepper motor (NZEFI sell them), the other good thing is the pedal bar is metal so you can change the angle etc by bending it to suit.

I think the LS2 throttle is a little too big and makes it a little touchy and hard to get the feeling linear, I'm looking at putting the 6-throttles back on and running a BMW M3 throttle motor to drive them. 

IMG_3595.JPG

• Like 1