SAU Community

Skyline R34 engine light

sean12343

Skyline R34 engine light

Hey everyone,

Recently on my skyline r34 non turbo 4 door my engine light as come on twice within a 1 week period and am unsure of its cause.

First the car is fine and then the engine light comes on (this is happened twice), no problems occur untill I stop at a set of lights and it starts to jitter back n four over 6 beats (this has only happened twice and I've stopped many other times with no jitters). I pull over and turn the engine off and wait a couple of seconds and then turn it back on and the engine light is gone. 

I believe it is just a ecu problem but I wanted to ask if anyone else had experienced this and how to fix it? 

Thank you for your time.

You can run a auto diagnostic on it via the consult port. You just need a paper clip. There's a write up somewhere on here that will tell you how to do it. Other option is to get a consult device to read the codes.

Quick little update; 

The car only seems to display the engine light 3 minutes ish after driving, after I turn the engine off and on it goes away for the rest of the trip (drive for an hour or so). 

It only seems to appear when the engine is cold.

Will be running a diagnostic in a couple of days to see whats happening. 

Thanks for your advice it will definitely come in handy :)

• 1 month later...