SAU Community

Misfire on RB20 after painting rocker covers

Jalfr32

Misfire on RB20 after painting rocker covers

After painting my rocker covers, and reinstalling. I've started my car to end up with a misfire. 

Misfire happens immediately when I start the car, and is consistent throughout the whole revrange. Although I haven't taken it past 3k rpm yet so I don't know what happens past there.

any known or common reasons why this might happen after basically replacing rocker cover?

coils are right in between the 2 covers so wouldn't be surprised if I've messed something up there somehow. Thanks

I think you may have answered your own question....

Check all the coilpack and ignitor plugs, check the earth at the back of the coilpack harness. Check the wiring or plugs arent brittle and disturbing them had just upset them a little

Check all coilpack plus, and coilpack earth wire behind the head. If no luck take rocker covers off and make sure you didn't leave anything in underneath them.

You didn't paint a rising sun or any dumb shit like that on the covers did you? I wouldn't want to run properly either if you painted a rising sun on me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/07/2017 at 12:50 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

Check all coilpack plus, and coilpack earth wire behind the head. If no luck take rocker covers off and make sure you didn't leave anything in underneath them.

You didn't paint a rising sun or any dumb shit like that on the covers did you? I wouldn't want to run properly either if you painted a rising sun on me.

Hahaha hell no hate that shit. Just a nice blue goes really well with the gunmental grey.

Edited by Jalfr32