SAU Community

Brendons M35 build

Sack87

Have some parts starting to roll in and getting fitted up.

RDA R34 GTT front slotted and dimpled rotors with RDA Extreme pads, 20mm wheel spacers and some genuine D1 Spec wheel nuts.
TlUqTm.jpg

Also a genuine NIsmo radiator cap
N3kJw6.jpg

Fitted all the brakes and stuff last night and now the wheels sit flush with the edge of the guard. Still at standard height but not for too much longer . . .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, West said:

Are you refreshing the engine or rebuild?

Bought another engine for $200 to rebuild it. So far it looks like I scored a deal with it only having a blown head gasket. 

15 hours ago, Sack87 said:

Bought another engine for $200 to rebuild it. So far it looks like I scored a deal with it only having a blown head gasket. 

Impressive

Do they have another one at $200 lol, i need an engine.

40 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Looking good! (BTW aluminium wheel nuts genuine or otherwise are not generally approved).

More concerned about the 20mm spacers I'm running as they stand out like dogs balls

5 hours ago, Sack87 said:

More concerned about the 20mm spacers I'm running as they stand out like dogs balls

Meh. Paint them exactly the same color as the brake rotors and they'll blend in. That's what I did!

• 2 weeks later...

Started work on the harness to relocate some things and re sleeve it all. 

All marked out on a board so I know how long each connector sub harness needs to be and when to tee off. The he bits in red are what is getting relocated. 

IMG_20180903_181326.jpg

IMG_20180903_181337.jpg

Edited by Sack87
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sent the block and heads out to get skimmed by Danny at Performance Modifications, who do stellar work as always. The only thing I found with the motor I tore down was a possible blown head gasket, no damage to the bores, crank, rods and normal wear on the bearings. What a score!

TAHLTX.jpg

Whilst waiting for the machining to be done I did a headlight restore as they had the classic JDM yellow to them. (Restored on the left and old on the right)

l7MLc7.jpg

I removed the whole front end then dropped the front subframe, engine and gearbox down as a whole. First time I've done it like this and makes it's so much easier to access everything on install.

3uobq8.jpg

Ripped a whole bunch of shit off and confirmed the worst. So much blowby that the plumb back BOV is filling the turbo outlet pipe and the turbo also has blown the turbine seal as it has oil residue in there.

fV56nn.jpg

But on a side note I had a score with the subframe bushes being Superpro items!

aFMUZB.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andynogo said:

wasn't that a rebuilt turbo? How long did it last?

No it was a second hand one but I think the issue with the motor has caused damage to the turbo. 

I'll be fitting an inline oil filter and have also made up a new turbo drain to help the oil flow after drilling out the banjo bolt. 

Did some restoring over the weekend. While the parts are off I thought I may as well make them look factory new again.

200,000km old
2jJ5jO.jpg

Like new and sealed in clear.
KFp4LW.jpg

Passenger side assembled with new wheel bearing
cYLW52.jpg

Even did the bonnet latch too!
RrwrJ3.jpg
zYPINI.jpg

Also whipped up a new oil drain to help it to not back up with having more oil supply to the high flow turbo.
pjGrJ3.jpg

Edited by Sack87
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Slowly making progress with the parts trickling in

ACL Race Series mains ready for crank install. Still waiting on rod bearings as I ordered the wrong ones. Rings and rod bolts still in transit from Nissan.
3aq30g.jpg

ARP head studs awaiting install once I buy some Supertech valve stem seals to build the heads.
eZyqPk.jpg

Modified a China special power steering reservoir as the OEM rubber hoses keep leaking. This mounts up to the factory bracket and will use braided line with JIC fittings so no more leaks
e3roZY.jpg
sGKvfr.jpg

Re wired the knock sensor sub harness and slipped some basalt heat sleeve over it.
gou8sA.jpg

This is the new injector plug as they share a common earth and made it impossible to sleeve each individual injector. It still has a single earth on the harness side but the sub harness now has 6 earths. All i'm waiting on to finish the loom is some more heat sleeving which is another 2 weeks away.
M6CAgv.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, djr81 said:

Can the thread have more XE Falcon?

It's not my car haha. Neither is the workshop but the Falcoon is pretty rough for a drag car

• 3 weeks later...

Cleaned up the front subframe and resprayed. So much oil and CV grease covering it. 

x7EDvh.jpg
3c5a0w.jpg
jxhSXX.jpg

GKsMx0.jpg

Fitted new inner LCA Whiteline bushes after I cleaned the LCAs up.
FI4i4O.jpg

Bolted it all up including coilovers so that I can drop the motor on later and roll it around easily to get it back underthe car.
1Uup5X.jpg

• Like 2