SAU Community

Brendons M35 build

Sack87

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 10:32 AM, Sack87 said:

I picked up 7psi of boost without touching a thing, so it's stuck on 21psi with standard injectors and pump. I've hit up Christian to see if it's possible to run the car safely at this level on 98 with his flash tune, otherwise I will probably put a hi-flow cat in to drop the boost a little.

LOL LOL LOL what would Christian know!!! and why would you trust his flash tune meant for a different motor HAHAHA

Firstly your not making any power over 16PSI (on a stock turbo) as the turbo cant flow that much air your just producing extra heat.

Go see a real tuner and put the car on a dyno before you punch Piston #6 out of the block like the rest of you new age Stagea owners
and put a 100cell cat on the thing FFS

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WAGON_BOY said:

LOL LOL LOL what would Christian know!!! and why would you trust his flash tune meant for a different motor HAHAHA

Firstly your not making any power over 16PSI (on a stock turbo) as the turbo cant flow that much air your just producing extra heat.

Go see a real tuner and put the car on a dyno before you punch Piston #6 out of the block like the rest of you new age Stagea owners
and put a 100cell cat on the thing FFS

And you know everything I assume, including how to hack and tune a factory Ecu?

Firstly I'm running a Billet Intense RS Turbo and secondly it's safe on 19psi as my AFR doesn't go above. 93v at WOT. 

And it's "you're" by the way. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Does that actually achieve anything? Or just theoretical?

No idea haha, most probably not but it cost me nothing to make.

The more the better theoretically. I wanted to make up one that picks up several points but theres just no room under the car.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Interested in an Intense turbo and am running Itsrom ECU atm. I am getting just over 17psi atm (according to an autobarn gauge) using Scottys dump and front pipe and a Nur tailpipe. The car is vastly improved by Itsrom and has standard intake currently. Was thinking about Scottys Intake or an AMP one and wondered how you got on with yours? People talk about fuel cut and I figure the Intense and an intake is going to get there. You did not mention this so I was wondering what you did ... Thanks

3 hours ago, leigh308 said:

Interested in an Intense turbo and am running Itsrom ECU atm. I am getting just over 17psi atm (according to an autobarn gauge) using Scottys dump and front pipe and a Nur tailpipe. The car is vastly improved by Itsrom and has standard intake currently. Was thinking about Scottys Intake or an AMP one and wondered how you got on with yours? People talk about fuel cut and I figure the Intense and an intake is going to get there. You did not mention this so I was wondering what you did ... Thanks

I've had no issues at all with my setup and haven''t had it fuel cut once.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Skylinefreak1 said:

That's some fancy fab work mate! Looks great! Anything else done recently?

Thanks mate.

I recently bought a TIG welder so I can do aluminium work but mostly to fix up my rear subframe as it's cracked.

I've got a few things in the works including building a new engine soon as the current one is cactus. Just trying to keep this one going until the other engine is ready :654_bomb:

So this is what I have in the works currently and I just tick along with them.

Designed and 3D printed a pistol grip style shifter. Unlike the generic ones you can buy, this one slides on like the factory one and uses the circlip to hold it on snug. The cover at the base fits like a glove but I was limited to how much radius I could put on the shifter to match the cover.

A2kDSB.jpg

I finalised the design of my 3D printed catch can so just waiting on fittings to come so I can hook it all up and test out how well the ABS holds up to heat and fumes. The fitting by itself replaces the factory PCV and I had to get that from the states.

E0CfUe.jpg

The catch can is fully baffled inside and just requires some steel wool and the other baffle to be fitted.The top had to be removable as you can't print a baffle inside and object and know if it has printed properly.

MQhFho.jpg

If the 3D printed one doesn't work, then I have all the individual pieces cut up ready to be fabbed up. This will be my first TIG welding project since buying one as I have only used MIG.

GstTjD.jpg

To get the fumes to the catch can location I made up a steel hard line that goes from the passenger cam cover, along the fuel rail and follows behind the timing cover.

v319dI.jpg

Knocked up a cooling mod but mine uses an SOS fitting as the bleed point. If your're familiar with Caterpillar mining equipment then you'll know why I chose this!

l8AVAt.jpg

To go along with that I bought a generic breather tank setup that will most likely go above the passenger cam cover. This is the highest point in the engine bay, has the most room and is easier to tap into the bottom rad hose.

y4E2oc.jpg

After doing the rear rotors I saw that the subframe was cracked on both sides pretty badly, also another reason why I bought the TIG welder. I made up a cardboard template and the aluminium I transfer that to will get welded in for more strength.

Y9EZow.jpg

And most recently I had a knock senor code throw up after handling the harness. Found this just hanging out in the valley.

OfV3xj.jpg

Plan is to buy another harness and re plug the whole thing as most of the connectors are breaking apart or already broken.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, myothercarsa2cv said:

Amazing work Brendon as ever! Some tasty parts there that I’m sure a few of us would be interested in if you wanted to make some more... ;)

I plan on making some of this to sell in the future but I want to run it on my car for a bit to see what works and what doesn't.

I may make up a different catch can setup that uses easier hose routing but it means you can't run the turtle shell. 

Edited by Sack87

I got my hose fittings yesterday and fitted the catch can. I'm not 100% sure I like this location now as the lines are just clearing the bonnet as they are sitting on top of the overflow bottle.
E0LHzK.jpg

PCV delete and hose fitting just have enough room with a 3" intake
Tx3kdJ.jpg

I will need to beef up the lid bracket and slightly adjust it as it snapped when moving it around. You can also just see the breather hidden away under the guard. I will move this too as it fouls on the guard liner.
zPn8ra.jpg

• Like 2

Breathing is better without it plus it's the only way you can run a hose from that location without it hitting the intake or kinking.

• Like 1