SAU Community

Brendons M35 build

Sack87

Built both heads up today. Only put Supertech valve stem seals in and OEM for the rest as there are no aftermarket springs or valves available for these.
YGuO1s.jpg
9MS9HR.jpg

I now have a 4 week delay on rod bearings from Japan so that's pretty much all I can do until the new year. 

• Like 2

Not much of an update but painted N1 vents and parking stick thingo.
Also cut out the middle of the bumper to suit the new plates and gain more airflow as these like to run hot. 
DNMnMM.jpg

• Like 1

Don't like how big and bulky the airbox is and the stupid sound suppression part that just collects sand!

Started off like this
peCZvn.jpg

Chopped it in half and then I was left with this nice flat surface to adhere the new mounting section to.
cXT4vI.jpg
mk1QFw.jpg

Also noticed that the round section actually sits outside the chassis rail in the wheel arch, so incorporated a cold air intake port into the new piece.
iCd4Rg.jpg

Airbox mod.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finished re-sleeving the whole harness tonight finally. What a mission but I think the outcome will pay off with a much neater engine bay. All I need to do is buy some larger clear heat shrink so I can branch the connectors off to where they need to go.

I won't tee it all off though until its on the engine as I might be able to re route some it to further neaten it up. 

EohFkE.jpg

Not Rywire or Chase bays spec but gives it that little extra professionalism. 

LVtyK5.jpg

Got the turbo back from getting rebuilt by MTQ as well. Shaft and cartridge journals were scored, some bent turbine fins and a small crack in the rear housing.

y3Hur4.jpg

The rod bearings are going to be here until January now, so when I get back from Holidays it's go, go, go!

Edited by Sack87
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the engine to a stage where I could bolt the gearbox back on and drop it on the subframe. I can easily roll it all out for the remaining work to do on it for ease of access. 
Had more delays in timing chains not being in stock locally and having to get them from Japan again and they won't be here until next weekend. Have some small bits coming from over East too which were supposed to be here by Friday but not coming until next Thursday, otherwise I would have bolted the whole lot back in the car. 

mbycOK.jpg

• Like 2

Engine harness is all but done. A few little brackets to be made and two more connectors needed. It's 10x neater than what it was. 
j6LlNZ.jpg
aXmazm.jpg

Injector harness is almost fully tucked. 
wm1d1y.jpg

Degreased the engine bay as I'm 95% ready to bolt the engine up to the body. Someone else has already been in here before me. 
0bHSKY.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 8:26 PM, Sack87 said:

Got the turbo back from getting rebuilt by MTQ as well. Shaft and cartridge journals were scored, some bent turbine fins and a small crack in the rear housing.

y3Hur4.jpg

Can you tell us what you had done to the turbo? Looks like a bigger compressor wheel... steel/inconel turbine? Cost? Expected power? So many questions... :)

Looking good by the way!

Edited by andynogo

23 hours ago, andynogo said:

Can you tell us what you had done to the turbo? Looks like a bigger compressor wheel... steel/inconel turbine? Cost? Expected power? So many questions... :)

Looking good by the way!

It's a Billet Intense RS I bought from Scotty a few years ago. You'll find heaps of info on it in the turbo upgrade thread, but good for 500hp he says. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sack87 said:

It's a Billet Intense RS I bought from Scotty a few years ago. You'll find heaps of info on it in the turbo upgrade thread, but good for 500hp he says. 

Very good- should make some decent power! 

On 1/28/2019 at 7:53 PM, Akshunhiro said:

Looks like someone had the joy of swapping out the turbo!

Yep. Everything has silicone on it to seal it up, including water hoses onto pipes. I bought a dud... 

New timing chains in finally, new water pump and thermostat. 
Vsg3j9.jpg

Should have it bolted back in tomorrow. 
B6M99Y.jpg

Grabbed a turbo oil filter so no shit gets in there to f**k it. 
uN3zvq.jpg

• Like 2

Got it bolted back this afternoon after doing heaps of little things around the engine that are hard to get to when it's bolted in. 

zwqoJ5.jpg

Still heaps of fiddly little shit to go though

5HhbTA.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...