SAU Community

Brendons M35 build

Sack87

Took it to work and hot washed the majority of parts. Honed all the bores and deburred number 6 as that had piston melted to the wall. They all came out good but there is slight imperfection on 6 so I will be taking to to my machinist to get it sorted out.

No metal went through the oiling system so all bearings and journals are good to go.

I dodged a bullet here I reckon.

IMG_20190518_182012.jpg

IMG_20190518_181947.jpg

Yup, love that piston! Bore might be alright- fingers crossed.

Nick at Allstar in malaga might be able to tune a Link... worth looking into seeing as a few people have had success with them. Certainly cheaper than haltech. Or go the emanage route?

• Like 1

Hey mate, awesome post, great job on it all. How did you lean it out if you had the gfb g-force 3 with Wideband integration? Was it not set up or did it just not do what it was meant to do? Cheers man and I admire your commitment to press on, I woulda wiped my ass with it by now ?

9 hours ago, sta934 said:

Hey mate, awesome post, great job on it all. How did you lean it out if you had the gfb g-force 3 with Wideband integration? Was it not set up or did it just not do what it was meant to do? Cheers man and I admire your commitment to press on, I woulda wiped my ass with it by now ?

I hadn't got around to welding in another bung or buying a sensor.

I was going off what Hobdrive was reading from the factory sensor which according to it, it never went lean. The sample rate must be too slow though.

Overboost function was set up but it didn't work. Maybe it needs a bigger range than .5psi to react quick enough.

Edited by Sack87

15 hours ago, Sack87 said:

I hadn't got around to welding in another bung or buying a sensor.

I was going off what Hobdrive was reading from the factory sensor which according to it, it never went lean. The sample rate must be too slow though.

Overboost function was set up but it didn't work. Maybe it needs a bigger range than .5psi to react quick enough.

Yeah I’m going down the same path (gfb g-force 3 and innovate lc2) as I’ve got an intense billet rs ready to go on. I’ve read overboost function needs to be set 10%higher than target boost, so maybe not enough reaction time hey!! Anyway, good job and I’m excited to see how you get on with it in the future. 

5 hours ago, sta934 said:

Yeah I’m going down the same path (gfb g-force 3 and innovate lc2) as I’ve got an intense billet rs ready to go on. I’ve read overboost function needs to be set 10%higher than target boost, so maybe not enough reaction time hey!! Anyway, good job and I’m excited to see how you get on with it in the future. 

New motor is getting, EMU tune, bigger pump, bigger injectors and the wideband setup. Hopefully safer and with more to boot.

• Like 1

Crank went back in yesterday after getting block back from honing at machine shop.

Now I play the waiting game with parts from Amayama. Mid June they reckon

IMG_20190527_171742.jpg

• Like 1

On 25/11/2018 at 7:34 PM, Sack87 said:

Built both heads up today. Only put Supertech valve stem seals in and OEM for the rest as there are no aftermarket springs or valves available for these.
YGuO1s.jpg
9MS9HR.jpg

I now have a 4 week delay on rod bearings from Japan so that's pretty much all I can do until the new year. 

Did you go oem rod bearings? What was the reason you didn’t go acl for these also?  

1 hour ago, sta934 said:

Did you go oem rod bearings? What was the reason you didn’t go acl for these also?  

You can only get OEM bearings for these. ACL and King Bearings are wrong, full stop.

Do not believe anybody who has a listing as fitting VQ25DET, as they don't.

Cheers for the heads up. Does the same apply for the mains? Oem only? What are you doing about piston and rings number 6? Do you have to replace in a complete set? I’ve read this thread about 20 times haha, so glad I’ve stumbled onto it. Also how good Is Nissan epc/amayama [emoji106]

38 minutes ago, sta934 said:

Cheers for the heads up. Does the same apply for the mains? Oem only? What are you doing about piston and rings number 6? Do you have to replace in a complete set? I’ve read this thread about 20 times haha, so glad I’ve stumbled onto it. Also how good Is Nissan epc/amayama emoji106.png

Yeah same for mains. 

You can buy single pistons from Nissan, which I did to replace number 6 and bought another set of rings. All the bores got honed so it's fresh again.

They're both headache savers but Amamaya's processing time is a bit slow. Everything is in Australia for this order yet it takes 3 weeks to get it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Brendon (spelt your name right this time as I'm on my computer not the stupid autocorrecting phone!), I'm organising parts to do some preventative maintenance on my spare engine and am looking at valve stem seals...

Partsouk has oem for 4.72 (& 4.26 on amayama) each,  and I was also looking at Supertechs. Where did you get your supertechs from and are they the same as rb25det or similar? 

Have your parts come in yet? Cheers, Andy

Edited by andynogo

7 hours ago, andynogo said:

Hey Brendon (spelt your name right this time as I'm on my computer not the stupid autocorrecting phone!), I'm organising parts to do some preventative maintenance on my spare engine and am looking at valve stem seals...

Partsouk has oem for 4.72 (& 4.26 on amayama) each,  and I was also looking at Supertechs. Where did you get your supertechs from and are they the same as rb25det or similar? 

Have your parts come in yet? Cheers, Andy

Supertech end up cheaper than stock and they're better.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272798735032

Amayama and Partsouq have no rod bolts so you have to pay 3x as much to get them from Melbourne. In saying that though, I got them overnight instead of 3 weeks

9 minutes ago, Sack87 said:

Supertech end up cheaper than stock and they're better.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272798735032

Amayama and Partsouq have no rod bolts so you have to pay 3x as much to get them from Melbourne. In saying that though, I got them overnight instead of 3 weeks

Thanks for that. Set ordered.

So, I got the motor pretty much buttoned up on the weekend. Got screwed around with rods bolts not being available for two suppliers and ended up paying 3x as much to get them from over east.

EMU was purchased and I just finished sorting out it's harness tonight. Deutsch plugged it so it can be removed easily if needed and labelled all the wires relevant to run. Still need to do the engine harness to match now.

Got a Kinugawa dual port gate coming, innovate LC2 wideband, silicone coolant hoses, new catch can to modify and a fuel pump. Need to buy injectors, new coil packs, plugs, Greddy MAP sensor and looking at possibly getting a stall as well.

IMG_20190622_160549.jpg

IMG_20190623_193214.jpg

IMG_20190623_193229.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, andynogo said:

Looking good. Will be very interested to see how the emanage goes- was thinking of that for mine. Who's going to tune it?

Using the tune Matt has online and C-Red to clean it up. No one else will really touch the EMU

1 hour ago, Sack87 said:

Using the tune Matt has online and C-Red to clean it up. No one else will really touch the EMU

Cool. Did you find an emanage that has been modified to eliminate the engine check light?