• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sack87

Brendons M35 build

Flash tune but looking at buying EMU so I can get it cleaned up. Haltech will work but that is $$$

Took it to work and hot washed the majority of parts. Honed all the bores and deburred number 6 as that had piston melted to the wall. They all came out good but there is slight imperfection on 6 so I will be taking to to my machinist to get it sorted out.

No metal went through the oiling system so all bearings and journals are good to go.

I dodged a bullet here I reckon.

IMG_20190518_182012.jpg

IMG_20190518_181947.jpg

Yup, love that piston! Bore might be alright- fingers crossed.

Nick at Allstar in malaga might be able to tune a Link... worth looking into seeing as a few people have had success with them. Certainly cheaper than haltech. Or go the emanage route?

Hey mate, awesome post, great job on it all. How did you lean it out if you had the gfb g-force 3 with Wideband integration? Was it not set up or did it just not do what it was meant to do? Cheers man and I admire your commitment to press on, I woulda wiped my ass with it by now 😅

9 hours ago, sta934 said:

Hey mate, awesome post, great job on it all. How did you lean it out if you had the gfb g-force 3 with Wideband integration? Was it not set up or did it just not do what it was meant to do? Cheers man and I admire your commitment to press on, I woulda wiped my ass with it by now 😅

I hadn't got around to welding in another bung or buying a sensor.

I was going off what Hobdrive was reading from the factory sensor which according to it, it never went lean. The sample rate must be too slow though.

Overboost function was set up but it didn't work. Maybe it needs a bigger range than .5psi to react quick enough.

Edited by Sack87