SAU Community

Brendons M35 build

Sack87

6 hours ago, andynogo said:

Cool. Did you find an emanage that has been modified to eliminate the engine check light?

Yeah apparently this one has the daughter board in it already

• Like 1

Not much happening, just waiting on parts as usual. Whipped up a new bracket for dual port gate and started making another actuator rod.

IMG_20190627_180221.jpg

IMG_20190627_175955.jpg

IMG_20190627_180019.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah same for mains. 
You can buy single pistons from Nissan, which I did to replace number 6 and bought another set of rings. All the bores got honed so it's fresh again.
They're both headache savers but Amamaya's processing time is a bit slow. Everything is in Australia for this order yet it takes 3 weeks to get it.

Hey mate, was just wondering what grade bearings came out of your engine?, connecting rods and mains. I had grade 0 across the board. I was expecting to see graded bearings in there to match the blocks crank bore and crank journal and pin journal size stampings. Did you just replace with same grade bearings that came out or get the micrometers on it? Cheers

On 10/07/2019 at 1:01 PM, sta934 said:

Hey mate, was just wondering what grade bearings came out of your engine?, connecting rods and mains. I had grade 0 across the board. I was expecting to see graded bearings in there to match the blocks crank bore and crank journal and pin journal size stampings. Did you just replace with same grade bearings that came out or get the micrometers on it? Cheers

Pretty sure mine were grade 0 too. I just put what came out back in and all the clearances came up spot on.

• Like 1

Finished off Deutsch plugging the engine harness. If I decide to change ECUs down the track, all I have to do is Deutsch plug that harness.

It turned out bulkier than I would have liked but it will be tucked away behind the glove box.

IMG_20190714_185758.jpg

IMG_20190714_185932.jpg

• Like 2

Oooh 3k! Should be interesting to see what the normal driving is like. Should be pretty ors for the drag strip! They've got expensive though ... Must be a long time since I've checked the prices! Sigh. Another thing to add to the budget... :)

Will do 3.5k on the foot brake according to build specs, so pretty much all the boost!

$650-$750 depending on internals but it does have an extra friction disc in the lock up now.

• Like 1

Pulled out the nav unit to make way for the EMU. Made up a bracket/fascia to house it and have two provisions for the option harnesses. I still need to wire in the LC2 and mount the unit but that can be done after run in.

IMG_20190726_173649.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted a Raceworks 340lph fuel pump and wired it with direct 12v feed. You can't even hear the thing ?

FYI, on M35 Facebook book page and Matt's photos, there must be a slight change to the pump since 2016 as it didn't go all the way into the filter. With all my body weight on it and with silicone spray, that is as far as it would go in. Can't run the rubber damper as it would not ever fit. It's not coming though as I modified the base so it cups the end of the pump.

(I did have the base on the wrong way in the pic!)

IMG_20190817_163047.jpg

IMG_20190817_163059.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the turbo back and they said they found nothing. They said it was either too much oil supply or not draining enough.

I asked what pressure they test them to and they said their machine does 60psi max. When I said these engine do up to 120psi and I had drilled the restrictor out, he said that will will most definitely make it leak as its way too much for even the wider seal they put in there to handle it.

Burred out my drain as big as I could and under their advice, bought a Turbosmart Oil Pressure Regulator (OPR) These are made to only allow 40spi into the core but at maximum flow.

Only place it could go is in the cam cover as it needs a drain. Drilled a hole just below the filler and inserted a tight fitting grommet. Ran new lines and it seems to be all sweet for now.

IMG_20190914_130153.jpg

IMG_20190914_165446.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got around to welding in another muffler, 100 cell cat and O2 bung.

Car did not get any quieter which I had hoped for because I have another piece to weld on when I get it to make it louder!

IMG_20191104_125724.jpg

IMG_20191104_125915.jpg

• Like 2