SAU Community

Well my build has begun...GTR life emoji848.png
Bought a brand new coolant bottle, bonnet cowl and rubber, new clips for the front grill. 
Also got a new GTR badge for the boot, original GTR key and a nice little Nismo key ring emoji16.png
Will start fitting things this weekend, also going to wire in my sub and amp and tune the stereo. I've also changed the steering wheel to my mono 'race' wheel. 
When I got time I'll post my list of things I have decided to do. 
Love this car, love driving it, love playing with it, emoji7.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well spent all day on the GTR today, got the stereo finished, Bluetooth deck with full phone integration, sound stream 12'sub and amp, also has digital radio which is nice. Cleaned up a few little things whilst installing and put in a few interior screws where they were missing.
On a downer it appears to have broken an engine mount and as a result the bonnet won't shut [emoji848]
So off to mechanic to get it checked out.
Also what I thought was a noisy thrust bearing may be input shaft bearing on the box. Called award about a rebuild, thinking of doing full rebuild with billet flex/sandwich plate to strengthen the box.
Has anyone on here had the billet plate installed and how has it held up? I want to also throw in a twin plate Nismo clutch but have to see how the budget is, still a lot I want to do [emoji849]

• Like 1

I'll post a pic tomorrow, it's in the boot, drivers side with the amp mounted to the box, wires run under the carpet on the drivers side, I did the engine bay to interior by following a wire that was fitted by Croydon when they ran a direct line from battery to fuel pump. Goes through the guard to the drivers footwell. Had to remove the wheel and splash guard on the drivers side, gave it a good clean while I was there

Rob Award gearbox and diff quoted me $2300 for a full rebuild and billet sandwich plate. The sandwich plate is the weak link in the 5 speed GTR boxes. They said it's rare for a box to come back once it's been fitted with the billet plate. I'm not running huge power so figure, do it once, do it right. The box in the car has been going to 12 years and there is noting wrong apart for the input shaft bearing. It still shifts perfect, no crunches. But according to the last rebuild receipt it was upgraded to R33 spec so should have stronger syncros.
Where I'm stuck is I need to do the box before it lets go and does more damage but I want to do the clutch as well and all up that's about 6k. Don't have that much to throw at it right now, so might just throw a second hand box in it then have my box rebuilt, buy the clutch then swap it over.

IMG_5661.jpg
Well took the car to mechanic this week, service and hooked up heater hoses, was great having a heater, until I realised it now only heated!
After speaking with a mate he was able to point me in the right direction and a quick search on the forum found my problem. Air temp sensor wasn't plugged in, in fact it wasn't there!
Went through my parts, found three of them, one connected to this mint smooth finish surround so I decided to fit the entire surround.
Very happy with the result and i can how have heat or cooling [emoji16]
If anyone has a smooth black ash tray they are willing to sell pm me please. Must be in mint condition. The one I have is good, not great so I'll replace it.
The other day I took to car to Hume mufflers, cut the centre muffler out [emoji848]well it's loud now [emoji15]
Got quoted for a full custom stainless 4' system. So that's now on my list of things to do.
Also been offered a full single turbo set up, contemplating getting it? What turbo is it GC?