SAU Community

Got a brand new ash tray, very happy [emoji4]

Next up a new set of Nismo mats and the interior is done. Should pick up my freshly powder coated Nismo strut brace this week.

Cars going to dent remover on Saturday then I'll be taking off the charge pipes to have them ceramic coated.

Unsure weather I should go black or chrome?

I'm going to do the air box black

• Like 1

Rob Award gearbox and diff quoted me $2300 for a full rebuild and billet sandwich plate. The sandwich plate is the weak link in the 5 speed GTR boxes. They said it's rare for a box to come back once it's been fitted with the billet plate. I'm not running huge power so figure, do it once, do it right. The box in the car has been going to 12 years and there is noting wrong apart for the input shaft bearing. It still shifts perfect, no crunches. But according to the last rebuild receipt it was upgraded to R33 spec so should have stronger syncros.
Where I'm stuck is I need to do the box before it lets go and does more damage but I want to do the clutch as well and all up that's about 6k. Don't have that much to throw at it right now, so might just throw a second hand box in it then have my box rebuilt, buy the clutch then swap it over.

Cheers. I have been considering either a brand new R33 gearbox or a strengthened rebuild. I am not running huge power either but history suggests that over engineering may not be a bad thing.

I also need a new clutch (very soon) but need to consider the change from push to pull in the decision.

Hi anfanee, yeah it's spend spend spend, I almost forgot what it was like owning a skyline! Lol
No I love it, best drivers car, how's yours going after the tune? I saw you posted you made over 300awkw, did you go E85 or stick with 98?

Well after taking off the charge pipes to get them ceramic coated I thought, why not keep going! Lol

No a little mishap means the turbos are now being removed and I just bought the complete hot side off my mate, which consists of a custom made manifold, Precession 68/70 turbo with dump pipe and waste gate and screamer pipe.

Once I get the parts and dummy fit them to make sure it's all going to fit, I'm having the rear turbo housing and manifold ceramic coated then it's all being fitted.

I'll be installing 2000cc injectors and a plazma man fuel rail and fuel pressure reg. then I'll get it tuned and just max out the fuel system see where we end up!

I love the GTR life [emoji848]

Oh yeah, and the parts which were going to be ceramic coated are now being put into storage. [emoji849]

If anyone is after a mint set of -5's pm me, I'll be selling them once they are off. Just the turbos and actuators. I'm keeping dumps and charge pipes. (In case I ever go back to twins) [emoji4]

If i can make a suggestion? 

Don't max the fuel system out. Don't even push it hard until you fix the fuel system. The last thing you want to do is run a 1000+BHP turbo and have the fuel system lean out your motor. For the cost of a fuel system is cheap compared to a new motor. 

• Like 1