SAU Community

If i can make a suggestion? 
Don't max the fuel system out. Don't even push it hard until you fix the fuel system. The last thing you want to do is run a 1000+BHP turbo and have the fuel system lean out your motor. For the cost of a fuel system is cheap compared to a new motor. 

Yes true, thanks Anf, when I say max, I just mean push it to a safe reliable level. The fuel system is solid, just not built to support big power. I'm not sure how far it will go, it's run 380awkw without issue and I won't push this motor too much past 500awkw. From what I understand my block has been fitted with the basic torque plate, not the plate that incorporates the girdle so it could be prone to cracking the block if I push it too hard, for now I'm hoping for around 450awkw on 98 and then I'd like to see early 500's on E85. So these numbers with the 68/70 turbo on a 3 l bottom end should be able to be achieved on relatively low boost. (I hope)
I will be telling the tuner to aim for solid mid range response, not top end, the top end will be there regardless. When this turbo was on the 26 motor it was savage on boost!
My mechanic has told me this turbo on a 3l is equivalent to a 64/66 on the 2.6, anyone who has driven or been in an rb26 with a 64/66 will know it's a lot of fun! That's what I want [emoji16]
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Even though the car is off the road the parts keep coming in,

Fitted this today

IMG_5834.thumb.jpg.2c20279b0a4b9efe0433a21d98490c94.jpg

Looks good, whats the turnaround time from ordering plates and them arriving through the post? or do you have to pick them up from the RMS?

Looks good, whats the turnaround time from ordering plates and them arriving through the post? or do you have to pick them up from the RMS?

21 days exactly, got the letter in the mail and went straight to rms that day after work. I was checking the mail daily! Lol
  • Like 1

Starts off with doing some clean up in the engine bay to stripping it down and fitting a big turbo haha.

I know right, I was taking some of the pipes off to get ceramic coated when a washer fell and I thought it fell into the turbo. I didn't want to start the car and risk it so off with the turbos and while they were off...
I'd already bought the single but wasn't intending to fit it just yet.
And I did find the washer...
IMG_5811.jpg
How the hell it got under the heat shield and there I'll never know!
  • Like 1

• PranK featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Progress [emoji16]
IMG_5902.jpg
It's actually fitted now, basically the hot side is complete just need to connect the dump pipe.
Next is the fuel system, I'm now going to run an areoflow surge tank with twin 044's feeding through braided lines to a turbosmart fuel pressure reg (1200) and into a plazmaman fuel rail and 2000cc bosch injectors

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well, she went to DVS Automotive today for completion, I’ve bought R35 coil packs, 1650cc Bosch Motorsport injectors, it’s also getting a trigger kit fitted, oil cooler and I’m changing the surge tank to one with twin internal pumps. Fitting a fast read air temp sensor, wideband kit and moving all the wiring on the turbo side to inside the guard.
It’s getting tuned on e85
Should be ready in 2-3 weeks, I washed it the other day so obviously it had to rain today, it was on a tow truck and didn’t actually get too dirty.
[emoji848]
GTR life be like ?

• Like 2

Yes, I’ve only ever heard good things about Jez from many different people in the industry and previous customers.

Trigger kit and injectors were his suggestions.

Picked up my 140A alternator yesterday from Rat32r, there is a thread on it here.

I have to say, nicest bloke to deal with, friendly, informative and true to his word, was a pleasure doing business, I’ll do a write up on it once installed.

I’m taking it up to Jez to be fitted prior to tuning.

If it all works well then I’d have to say he is into a good thing and considering a new replacement alternator with Australian warranty can be had for 250-$300. It’s a good thing.

IMG_6459.thumb.jpg.ba5a8b527ace9b62b01050e76fd0f0d3.jpg

IMG_6460.thumb.jpg.4b613e1f3c398be6ecdb1afa3c14885a.jpg

IMG_6461.thumb.jpg.0f9e9cb2bb674baaaf9675a951f17fd9.jpg

IMG_6462.thumb.jpg.1222ab24814f7d5b5f57d94691940c34.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

I got the LS alternator from the member here who getting the brackets done. Rat32r is his user name.

nice, yes i have been following that alternator thread. if i hadnt already committed to and ARD one from a prominent online vendor i definitely would have gone for that setup. I have spent thousands on this site and never had a problem but i have been waiting 3 months or more for 1 smelly alternator.

14 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

How’s your build coming along, will you be ready for GTR festival?

not far off now. hopefully in 2-3 weeks if no further delays haha wont be entering gtr festival anyway. too difficult with work and family.

looks like yours in coming along well. have you run a number yet?

[quote post

No not yet, the car is up at DVS Automotive right now getting finished off, I’ve also changed a few things, now going to run a trigger kit from platinum and a surge tank with in tank pumps as opposed to the external 044’s I was going to run.
Should have it back in about two weeks
And I’m sure the spending will continue ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

[quote post

No not yet, the car is up at DVS Automotive right now getting finished off, I’ve also changed a few things, now going to run a trigger kit from platinum and a surge tank with in tank pumps as opposed to the external 044’s I was going to run.
Should have it back in about two weeks
And I’m sure the spending will continue ?

Story of our lives. We torture ourselves.

• 3 weeks later...