SAU Community

Jez has been really good to deal with, would 100% recommend him, trigger kit is in, he replaced timing belt, installed new alternator, new 1650cc injectors, fuel rail and fpr, installed surge tank, speed pro fittings, Teflon braided lines, fast read intake temp sensor, wideband and has gone the extra mile to modify my exhaust for maximum flow by cutting out any sections where the diameter dropped and made it all the same, modified and ceramic coated my dump pipe.
Rear diff had a leak so he stripped it down and put new seals and fluid. Moved all the wiring on the turbo side to inside the guard and put a heat shield around the air con lines. Relocated the power steer reservoir and supplies and fitted an oil cooler.
Should be tuning it this coming week. But I think I’m going to ask him to install a twin plate clutch, probably go with direct clutch, don’t think the Jim Berry single plate will hold/last with the power it will make. I’ve told Jez to tune it best he can for response and mid range pull, I’ve told him to push it to around 500-530kw so I’m hoping we can reach that with not a huge amount of boost. Turbo is a 68/70. Should be able to reach that target with 30-35psi boost. But I’m
Not fussed about numbers, what’s more important is i want it to feel fast on the street so I’m hoping for a really strong midrange.

Once I get it back will be fitting my LMGT1’s, want to get my brembos powder coated and re fitted, some nismo mats for the interior and I like that Momo, Monte Carlo custom wheel that’s wrapped in alcantara so might order one of those. Also have a genuine nismo strut brace that I’ve had freshly powder coated to fit.

Future plans will be quaif diff front and rear and I’d love to get a sequential behind it!

But first it will be off to GTR festival!

Green line is low boost setting, however due to the small gate, (single 44mm I believe) boost was still creeping to 28psi. The gate opens at 20-21psi.
Red line is boost controller holding gate closed to 29 psi.
So even though outright power is similar, low boost will have substantial less pull as you can see by the midrange curve

Is there a reason the boost isnt 40psi?? Lol piss the low boost off and keep the 'high' boost setting. It looks like the power is levelling off at the top on the redline, are you running out of turbo?

Is there a reason the boost isnt 40psi?? Lol piss the low boost off and keep the 'high' boost setting. It looks like the power is levelling off at the top on the redline, are you running out of turbo?

Not sure but doubt it, reason I’m keeping it to 500 is to save the motor, it’s still running standard girdle and main caps which I’ve heard are a weakness in the rb30 and trust me, it’s enough, car is wild on the street. Midrange pull is insane, at low boost.
I also asked for it to be tuned for midrange/bottom end response, not top end, Jez told me it would be at the sacrifice of hp up top.
So it’s probably a number of things, tune, cams, cam gear position, exhaust? (Could also be a restriction).
Turbo will make 600 if we turn it up, but I’d like it all to hold together for a bit.
And the poor gearbox wasn’t designed to hold what’s running through it now [emoji848]
It drives unbelievably well, pulls hard from idle and builds boost fast considering the size of the turbo.
I’m really happy with the result, it’s adequate for the street [emoji16]

• 1 year later...

Well haven’t been on here for a while, still got the car and still throwing money at it. 
Currently it’s now fitted with a PPG sequential gearbox and I had a custom 4’ exhaust made for it, 4’dump pipe, ceramic coated, new turbosmart 50mm pro gate which is now plumbed in, 4’ cat which continues right through to a 4’ varex muffler. It’s at Powertune at the moment getting a Motec fitted and flex tuned. Haven’t had the car for about 10 weeks so I’m looking forward to getting it back and spending some time in the drivers seat. 

5D9F250A-9B03-40D1-B645-4E225E318609.jpeg

• Like 3