SAU Community

On 02/10/2021 at 10:41 PM, Shoota_77 said:

That’s bloody Alladins Cave in that room!  Full of sweet, sweet trinkets!

No point doing it all half arsed, balls and all, good to see!

Yeah but it costs me, the whine from the Mrs for cluttering up her room, sometime I feel like I own an Albins sequential! 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

On 04/10/2021 at 11:19 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Yeah but it costs me, the whine from the Mrs for cluttering up her room, sometime I feel like I own an Albins sequential! 😂😂😂

Mine has given up on the whining. She knows she’s wasting her time. She also understands that if/when I sell it, it’s a nice little investment!

On 05/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, Shoota_77 said:

Mine has given up on the whining. She knows she’s wasting her time. She also understands that if/when I sell it, it’s a nice little investment!

Yes, mines good with me spending money on it, I’ve explained to her what I’m doing and rough costs, she is ok with that, just doesn’t like the car parts all over the house. I really need a big shed. Something with a hoist and plenty of storage space 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks a like so much work and after the bay is painted it all seems worth it, it’s surprising how quick it can go back together (I’m just waiting on the bolts at the electroplater)

On 17/10/2021 at 8:50 PM, r32-25t said:

It looks a like so much work and after the bay is painted it all seems worth it, it’s surprising how quick it can go back together (I’m just waiting on the bolts at the electroplater)

I’ve ordered a new subframe bolt kit from terra firma, was expensive but will all be new. I also need to source replacement brake lines, (the lines that come off the callipers, they are all rounded. Might see if I can get something made up local. 

On 19/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, Shoota_77 said:

All these painted engine bays making me realise how stupid I am for not doing it!

Looking awesome mate!

Cheers, slowly getting there, now I got to motivate myself to strip front and rear subframe and get things done 

• 4 weeks later...

Just as an update, rear subframe has been stripped, gk-tech brace kit welded in, and have a heap of parts getting coated, I’ve decided to go with cerakote for all the parts under the car , all the arms, subframes, diff and sump. 
curious on peoples thoughts on this, from what I was shown, appears to be very durable. 
still need to strip out the front subframe, but it likes to rain every Sunday! 
Got the transfer case done as well, that’s getting rebuilt with new clutch packs. 

• Like 2