SAU Community

Hi Steve, 

how you been mate? 
my car is a long way from what it was when I bought it, lol

car is making 518kw, the factory box was howling before I took it out, I actually had a 6 speed getrag to go in but the sequential popped up and I grabbed it (impulse buy) lol.

Its been a roller coaster ride again, but it’s getting there. I’m looking forward to getting it back and going for a decent drive in it.

the motec package Powertune offer is really cool, and most importantly, stealth. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well car is getting more work done! Head is off (as it was pushing coolant) went for a head service and ended up replacing the entire valve train along with camshafts. So will now have a supertech shimless setup with 10.8mm 278 cams, a couple of little changes to the surge tank lines to clean things up in the boot. Probably the most exciting thing is I’m doing a DBW setup, it’s a custom job and I can’t wait to see the results, both visually and practically. 
I’ll post up some pics when I get the car back. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks mate, I’ll post up my opinions on it all once I get the car back. So far I’m very happy with the workmanship, the bay is looking very tidy. 
unfortunately, it’s a never ending project, I’m not finished this round of mods and I’m planing the next round. Looking at getting the car resprayed, fitting a motec 12’ dash display and sending it to heasmans to get the suspension set up how I want it, and there’s more beyond that!  

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, car is almost done, went for a drive with my tuner yesterday to complete final set up to suit my driving style. 
I can’t stress this enough, Powertune have been awesome throughout this process, there were a few hurdles but they were all dealt with in a fair and professional manner, I highly recommend them.

now for first impressions, its been wet so I had to drive to conditions, car has three boost settings, 20psi, 27psi and 32psi. 
I drove it on 20psi in a setting that purposely gives linear power delivery. 
First thing I noticed is the car has considerably sharper throttle response and the torque and power below 3000rpm is miles ahead of what it was, the car seem more willing to rev and it Revs effortlessly, I was very impressed. The flat shift is spot on and the auto blip on downshift works very well, (apart from user error) the car can be driven without using the clutch, apart from take off. 
It’s insane, you can drive the car below 3000rpm with ease, it will pull from 1200rpm in 4th gear without any hesitation and pulls well.
Outright power? The way it Revs is completely different now, I gave it a couple of squirts, (where it was safe) was told I applied 70% throttle, on boost even at 20psi the acceleration was rapid and it puts on serious speed, very quickly! 
what impressed me the most was the throttle control while on boost, where before acceleration would increase rapidly as it came on boost, you can now control the rate of acceleration through small changes of the pedal, yes the acceleration is rapid on boost but I now have significant control of that. 
Best of all, the car is seriously fast at 20psi! I got two more settings to play with! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well it’s just about done, car is awesome, really responsive, unbelievable low end response and torque and insane on boost, very happy. Cooling issues have been taken care of by way of a Just Jap 40mm radiator with new shroud and stock clutch fan. 

5EFD9B06-52EE-46B9-ACB7-14604EA926FA.jpeg

987C0EA4-4BFC-4067-91FC-956A7F261540.jpeg

4D0D1A95-4D48-46BA-9C50-F8F4470CC14E.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Well, haven’t updated in a while, so here we go, looks like it’s Christmas morning for Mr 032JET, and the parts continue to roll in as I move to the next stage of this painful but somehow satisfying project! 

8A41D617-53C0-4075-989F-6B1A965A44C3.jpeg

5E49D7DB-3D32-42A8-BD23-134DAD1EE06A.jpeg

5D7C12BE-F865-4484-ACF5-1FA458D2BFF1.jpeg

• Like 1