SAU Community

2 hours ago, TXSquirrel said:

Full digital dash for 32?  Why didn't I know such thing exists?  Who makes it?

It’s a motec ac1212 12’ display. To get that look you have to also purchase software which gives full flexibility to create or mimic any dash you like, then you can add / customise to your liking. I’ve already got ideas of what I want to create. Will post up when it’s done. But it ain’t cheap 

2 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

It’s a motec ac1212 12’ display. To get that look you have to also purchase software which gives full flexibility to create or mimic any dash you like, then you can add / customise to your liking. I’ve already got ideas of what I want to create. Will post up when it’s done. But it ain’t cheap 

Ahh I see. Yeah at that price point it's going to be at the very bottom of my wish list. Does it only work with Motec ECU or it can be wired to Nissan consult?

14 minutes ago, TXSquirrel said:

Ahh I see. Yeah at that price point it's going to be at the very bottom of my wish list. Does it only work with Motec ECU or it can be wired to Nissan consult?

The motec dash’s can work with just about any ecu, but Talk to your tuner/mechanic to make sure it will work with what you got. My car is being built by Powertune, they are a Motec dealer so you can contact them for pricing and to confirm if it will work with your ecu 

Well, stereo is almost done, got the new alpine double din head unit and amp installed, took some time but turned out ok, just need to fill a small gap between the head unit and climate control, it all fit in with no cutting or drilling any holes so I’m happy about that, and it sounds INSANE! For such a compact unit, it sure packs a punch, getting everything out of the speakers. I’m running Focal splits up front but a cheap set of Clarion 6x9’s rear. I’ve bought a set of Hertz Mile’ Pro 6x9 which I’ll have a go at fitting tomorrow and see what difference it makes. 
but bottom line, I wanted a set up that would give a good range of sound without the aid of a sub and it has delivered. I’m very happy with the result. 
next up, Motec dash ?

DA90E1CF-AD86-4E0B-9BA7-39E8E96FF25A.jpeg

F661E569-4415-499F-9D5C-A4C5E6023B35.jpeg

• Like 3

Yes, I asked the boys at powertune if it could be done through the motec, unfortunately it can’t, the dash has an input but no output, I’ve gone double din as I did not want analog gauges next to a digital dash, I’ll be keeping the old set up and I’ve still got the original triple gauge cluster. 
I’ve got a design in my head of what I want from the motec dash, just hope it can be done, will be talking to the boys on Wednesday when I drop the car off. If what I want can be done, I’ll be very happy 

Stereo is finally finished, speakers were a nightmare. The Hertz didn’t fit, ended up getting a pair of Kenwood, I’m very happy with the sound quality. Also I tidied up the install of the head unit and filled some small gaps. Overall i think it looks good and nothing was cut. 
now time to just relax and enjoy the rest of my Sunday 

999FB0BB-A56F-40B9-AE0E-2105351A04BF.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/07/2020 at 6:20 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Yes, I asked the boys at powertune if it could be done through the motec, unfortunately it can’t, the dash has an input but no output, I’ve gone double din as I did not want analog gauges next to a digital dash, I’ll be keeping the old set up and I’ve still got the original triple gauge cluster. 
I’ve got a design in my head of what I want from the motec dash, just hope it can be done, will be talking to the boys on Wednesday when I drop the car off. If what I want can be done, I’ll be very happy 

Why would you need to externally display anything on the head unit when the dash can display anything and everything? I think the thing to remember with CAN dashes is you don't need to have eyes on every engine parameter. You can have a simple display showing the things you need to know, a la stock dash, and then utilize maths channels and warning functions to pop up messages when a change happens that you need to know about.

Also, I'm quite sure the Motec display creator will allow you to have literally anything you can imagine. I helped set one of these C1212's up for a customer who wanted a naked cheerleader in the middle of the speedo and tacho, and her arms were the needles. So as revs and speed went up, her arms moved and she showed more... skin. It was a laugh for sure haha.

2 hours ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Also, I'm quite sure the Motec display creator will allow you to have literally anything you can imagine. I helped set one of these C1212's up for a customer who wanted a naked cheerleader in the middle of the speedo and tacho, and her arms were the needles. So as revs and speed went up, her arms moved and she showed more... skin. It was a laugh for sure haha.

Haha, sounds like something I would like. 
in regards to displaying on the stereo screen. I was curious if I could set something up to have 3 digital displays on the screen, as a ‘throwback’ to the factory layout of the interior, it wasn’t a deal breaker (obviously) and it doesn’t really bother me, I’ve got plans with the dash layout to be a modern improved version of the factory layout. 

• Like 1

Don’t you just love when this happens! 
It was my fault, I shouldn’t carry cash in my wallet, the car can smell it! 
looks like the lift pump died, at least it was on the way to the mechanic ?

shout out to Mick from Micks Towing, you’re a lifesaver, top bloke, great service and fair price. 

2B78BB49-CED0-4C70-9725-29951F86356B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Don’t you just love when this happens! 
It was my fault, I shouldn’t carry cash in my wallet, the car can smell it! 
looks like the lift pump died, at least it was on the way to the mechanic ?

shout out to Mick from Micks Towing, you’re a lifesaver, top bloke, great service and fair price. 

2B78BB49-CED0-4C70-9725-29951F86356B.jpeg

One of us! One of Us! ?
Legit, GTRs spend half their life being transported to mechanics...

Poor timing though. If only it had made it 99% of the way. You could have parked it, dropped the keys off then casually mentioned, by the way it doesn't run now.

Hopefully it's just a replacement for you. Better to happen now than while you're out blasting around in the hills. 

1 hour ago, Steve85 said:

One of us! One of Us! ?
Legit, GTRs spend half their life being transported to mechanics...

Poor timing though. If only it had made it 99% of the way. You could have parked it, dropped the keys off then casually mentioned, by the way it doesn't run now.

Hopefully it's just a replacement for you. Better to happen now than while you're out blasting around in the hills. 

No Steve, it’s such a bitch, when I got to the mechanics, it f**ken started! But the surge tank was empty so he thinks the lift pump might be on its was out. He will check the logging today to see what happened 

• 1 month later...

Well might be time for an update, I’ve been in a bit of a shopping spree, bought a set of factory seats, factory Jap spec seat belts, genuine diff housing, numerous genuine nuts, bolts, clips, etc. Got new rear quarter upper trims as well as a few other bits and pieces for the interior. 
I’ve got almost all the parts I need to start the new rear end set up. Bought a new Whiteline sway bar kit. Whiteline subframe bushes and the GK Tech hicas elimination kit and subframe brace kit. Got a GTR diff housing yoke and new ring and pinion gear. Got my hands on a second hand set of 31 spline stub axles and will be using a quaife centre. 
Car is still at the shop, has had quite a bit done, brakes are done, now fitted with brembos front and rear, callipers overhauled with new seals etc. Blasted and re coated. N1 brake line kit fitted and abs deleted. Coil overs were removed and sent away to be serviced, new seals etc. Hard pipes are done and coated (no more silicone joiners)  front cover of the turbo has been hydro dipped. I’ve ordered a new front lip from concept garage, should pick that up tomorrow. 
If you’ve read the thread, the car was towed to the shop, initially thought a fuel pump failure, have since discovered its wiring. Basically, it’s a bit of a mess so we’ll be ripping it all out and fitting a pdm. I’m also discussing option with the fuel system set up. Looking at moving the battery to the boot and fitting a surge tank where the battery normally sits. Will be exactly like this setup. This will get rid of the surge tank in the boot and the lines from the rear of the car. 

there is probably stuff I’ve missed, it’s been a little full on with it and I’ve got GTR parts all over my house!  Lol 

3EEC673C-89A4-4A4E-B39E-86C41307DCEC.png

• Like 5