SAU Community

On 11/06/2021 at 7:09 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Well, I’m going back to a 2.6 based motor, just in the process of getting everything together, things getting re-furbished, coated or replaced with new where I can. Car is at the painters now, decided to paint the bay the colour of the car. Also sold my hotside so it’s being replaced with a 6 boost manifold and 68/75 turbo. I’ll also be running egt’s and getting a new engine harness . But one thing at a time 🤔

24C8DA8C-5498-4CE8-A032-D320CAB5D294.jpeg

495610F3-8769-4C34-8902-3036EB82A681.jpeg

God I wish I could be bothered removing the remaining engine bay bits while the donk is out so I can paint the engine bay but I just can’t! 😂

Look forward to seeing how it comes up.  

15 hours ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Ahh I see, I thought you were saying you were going back to a 2.6L. Just misunderstood what you meant by based. 

Carry on then!

Oh, all good, yeah meant 2.6 block, motor is a 2.7. Can’t believe how many little things there are to do, just don’t want to miss anything while everything is apart. Currently getting the sump, cleaned, painted and clear coated, boosted getting done, clutch master getting replaced with new, brake master is new, going to get the wiper motor cleaned/soda blasted? I’m not sure, but what ever it takes to make it look new. On Tuesday I’ll be chasing around trying to get all the engine bay nuts and bolts either replaced with new or what I can’t get replaced will get zink coated. Got titanium stud kits for hotside, cold side and cam covers. 
brand new genuine bolt kit for valley cover and front timing cover, new backing plate, new dipstick and tube, new blinkers, intercooler, radiator and lights. Under the car got billet fuel line brackets, all the heat shields are off to get custom ceramic coated in a matte silver, just trying to source new bolts. 
and I haven’t even started the rear subframe 🤔🤪

1 hour ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Oh, all good, yeah meant 2.6 block, motor is a 2.7. Can’t believe how many little things there are to do, just don’t want to miss anything while everything is apart. Currently getting the sump, cleaned, painted and clear coated, boosted getting done, clutch master getting replaced with new, brake master is new, going to get the wiper motor cleaned/soda blasted? I’m not sure, but what ever it takes to make it look new. On Tuesday I’ll be chasing around trying to get all the engine bay nuts and bolts either replaced with new or what I can’t get replaced will get zink coated. Got titanium stud kits for hotside, cold side and cam covers. 
brand new genuine bolt kit for valley cover and front timing cover, new backing plate, new dipstick and tube, new blinkers, intercooler, radiator and lights. Under the car got billet fuel line brackets, all the heat shields are off to get custom ceramic coated in a matte silver, just trying to source new bolts. 
and I haven’t even started the rear subframe 🤔🤪

I bought the titanium inlet and exhaust studs but they both look the same, are yours the same as well?

4 hours ago, r32-25t said:

I bought the titanium inlet and exhaust studs but they both look the same, are yours the same as well?

Haven’t received them yet, I’ll let you know when they come. 
Also, if they are the same, will they work on the inlet side? 

If they’re the same the only way I can see them working is with a single throttle body billet manifold, I wanted to replace the factory studs for the individual throttle bodies 

Well the spending continues as I travel further down the rabbit hole! 
decided I’m doing the entire front end, so both left and right sides are coming out, getting new hubs, new bearings, new bushes, anything I can’t replace with be blasted coated before being re-fitted. 
At the moment I’m trying to get the wiper motor referbished, I have sourced a new one, but it will cost me around $700 so I’ll try to get mine looking good enough to be present in my engine bay 🤣

Brett, I got my studs, we’re both same size so won’t work with factory plenum, I’m talking to John and working with him to make a set to suit factory plenum. I’ll let you know how it goes. 

also I bought a rear genuine Nismo tower brace to match my Nismo front tower brace, just got to decide what colour to get them coated. 
also can’t decide what to do with the AC compressor and alternator. Thinking ill paint the alternator black and maybe see if I can get the ac condenser cleaned. 
ive decided I’m getting a custom power steer reservoir with an fittings and custom braided lines, will also be running a power steer cooler and fuel cooler. 
here is a few parts I’ve had cleaned, the clear coated myself, did the ac condenser myself. Turned out nice 

And yes got a new build plate from FPG. 

32E0007C-8649-4DC0-BAEB-CF7C1DEE8C7E.jpeg

EFAE8980-A7C4-4957-848C-B2DFB6E36B61.jpeg

DA1E2AC1-6FED-47F3-B050-3174CFD4B8A3.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BK said:

Nice one. How's the Frenchy's build plate quality ? Was considering getting one done

Looks very good, I’ll have to put it next to my actual one to see how close it is. These ones are laser cut so supposed to be better then the previous ones he was doing. 

I'm sure they're good. Is the Frenchy's plate stamped at all with the lettering ? As you would know the factory one is a plate with a blue coating that is laser cut purely into the blue finish. I guess what I'm getting at is would you actually pick the difference between theirs and a factory one ?

I’ll get a photo of the original and the fpg together. I’ve done it purely because the lengths I’m going to with the bay, I want everything looking mint. 
I’ve just ordered new oem front hubs, bearings ball joints etc as well as a heap of oem nuts, bolts clips. 
It’s amazing how fast the $$ add up. 
but can’t stop now I guess 🤔

39 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

I’ve been looking at one of those blue plates myself, how long between ordering and receiving did it take?

I Orderrd it at GTR festival, but there was a delay as it was the first batch of lazer cut ones. Normal turnaround time is 2-3 weeks, I was told 

• 2 months later...

Well, I guess overdue for an update, short story, this car is killing my life! Lol Maybe more then COVID! 
ive decided I’m doing the entire front end, so really just been shopping on line. Waiting on a couple more things to arrive then can push ahead with the build. 
My guest room in the house is now a parts room and is just about packed to the ceiling with parts.  
I’ve got new king pins, inner and outer ball joints, hubs, bearings and tie rod ends. Just got to order bushes for the front. 
rear end I got new hubs bearings, bushes (a mix between white line and nismo) and building a 31 spline diff, ordered a quaife centre, got my hands on a set of 31 spline half shafts and brand new ring and pinion gear set. 
I've had the sump cleaned and coated black, did buy a greddy diff hat, but it doesn’t fit! Grrr hit the extended sump, so going to use the factory hat. 
Probably spent about 2k+ on new oem nuts/bolts/washers etc. As the saying goes, too much to list! Lol 

sent the front diff gears to Neat gearboxes to be shot peened, once they are back will get the sump back together and put the motor completely back together and ready to put in the car. 
Rear turbo housing and manifold have been ceramic coated and I had the under car heat shields done in custom matte silver finish. 
Engine covers are done, most brackets have been coated, front reo was powder coated as well, re done the gearbox crossmember. 
just got to do my catch can and a couple of other little things to coat. 
Bought the new PRP pro trigger kit (well the top part) which runs the new sensor. 
Goal for the car is still the same, although I’m feeling I’m going waaaaay over the top. 
Probably will be too clean, but it’s my money, and I still plan to drive it everywhere! 
looking forward to a Bathurst run! 

On 21/06/2021 at 8:08 PM, BK said:

Nice one. How's the Frenchy's build plate quality ? Was considering getting one done

Sorry for the delay, I was working in ACT when Sydney went into lockdown and couldn’t return home. Here’s a pic of the FPG plate 

9AC97C53-9688-4C9E-9A64-E895E908F265.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...