SAU Community

Vacuum line help

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not, it's how it was done when I bought the car the manifold section in the manual doesn't help me much either...i have a manual boost T and aftermarket boost gauge . 

Cheers

IMG_0189.JPG

Your photo does not show your boost T so no idea if it is right. You have an aftermarket BOV which appears to be venting to atmosphere in which case that will not be good. The vacuum line to the BOV doesn't look right but I can't see where it goes.

Looks like you have connected the boost feed on the throttle body (which I believe is pre throttle and not MAP) to the BOV and the MAP line that is supposed to go to the BOV to the steel line for the charcoal canister.

So there should be 2 solid lines that go from the charcoal canister to around the cam covers (can sort of see them in that photo). One of these should be hooked up to the throttle body boost nipple and the other to manifold. Just check that is what is happening. As I said above, looks like youve mixed one up with the BOV line

Boost Tee should go between cooler pipe and wastegate (assuming internal gate, external can be a little more complicated)

Boost gauge should be fed from the manifold

So here's some better pics, it's been ages since I had my last turbo car and this just doesn't seem right to me so thought I'd get some opinions..

im aware the bov is atmospheric I'll be changing it to plumb back one before it gets regoed..

also im unsure if the boost T is legal on qld streets so if anyone else picks up on things I gotta change plz let me kno...the charcoal can has been removed from previous owner guessing I'll have to source one for roadworthy purposes..

any help is greatly appreciated thanx 

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG