SAU Community

Exhaust manifold modified

Mick

hey im looking at buying a stock exhaust manifold from a guy and i noticed in the photo that someone has ground down the center divider in the turbo outlet on it and i was wondering if it will be a problem, originally it was a thick divider going right to yhe top with a notch cut out of it and he has ground it right down alot, will it be good still?

IMG_2047.jpg

Don't know if it would be any good like that but that manifold is pretty blue which means it's been exposed to extreme heat. I'd keep looking for something in better condition. You would want to check that the mating surfaces to the head and turbo are flat also.

are you sure thats from too much heat, i just thought it might have been its original color and just hasnt rusted all over it just yet lol

Yes that is from heat. I'm talking from experience, my original manifold turned blue like that after heaps of track days. It had warped and was stuck on the studs. I had to remove all the studs to get it off. You want one that's more of a rusty sort of colour all over