SAU Community

Roll racing

Old man 32 GTR

Any members on here go to roll racing? I went to the last one as a spectator and went to this one last night as a support vehicle, but ended up entering and having a few runs...

And I have to say, had a ball, great fun and not too hard on the cars, I was rolling up to 50km/h in second gear then planting it at the tree, shifting at 7-7500rpm, car did very well, I was hitting 200-220km/h by the finish line.

IMG_5526.jpgIMG_5529.jpg

• Like 2

Ive entered once before over here in Perth, The night was great and I enjoyed beating on the new setup but with traction issues and an old H pattern I was far from competitive, Its ashame it would seem the track over here at barbagallo is abit shorter 50-100m roughly then the eastern states.. doesnt give me enough time to catch back up after spinning 1st and 2nd. Good fun taking the misso and some mates for a blast though.. once my roster lines up again ill be keen again for sure...

Edited by azzada1

• 2 weeks later...
hey mate think i saw you run a few times, I have the black r33 gtst- LETZGO plates.
Edgar's r33 won the event with his new tune, stupid quick.

Haha, I saw your car, very nice, and didn't Edgar's car have done mumbo! I'll def be doing that again, just got to iron out the little issues. Next time I see you, I'll come say hi

15 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Haha, I saw your car, very nice, and didn't Edgar's car have done mumbo! I'll def be doing that again, just got to iron out the little issues. Next time I see you, I'll come say hi

Sounds good mate, I'll do the and if I see you. You going next Friday? I went last night to roll drags but after few runs getting boost cut so gotta sort it out

Yeah I might come out this Friday, good fun watching the cars, don't think I'll enter though, I have to sort my box out, might see if I can get a support vehicle pass and bring the old girl out

Any idea what's causing the boost cut?

At first I thought I blew the plenum piping off, cause it's happened before and felt the same.

Wasnt it, then got under the car to make sure I hadn't melted away my wastegate lines cause it dosed like 3 times consecutively. No luck there. Decided to test drive it on street and ran like a champ. One of those things, maybe just ecu went into protection cause of boost creep on such a cool night. Will just have to monitor and see what happens.

whats going on with your box? Mines on it's way haha

whats going on with your box? Mines on it's way haha

Mines just got a noisy input shaft bearing, I bought a box on the weekend, going to take it to Award and have it rebuilt and put that in, then once I got mine out I'm going to have it checked to see if it actually has been upgraded to 33 spec, then I'll price up going a ppg gear set and billet flex plate. I'll build my box the way I want then drop it in with a Nismo twin plate clutch next year some time

I'm not making huge power but just want it reliable. Making 360awkw but I'm changing exhaust (going custom 4' stainless) going to up the boost and might go flex tune. Hoping to be up around 450awkw if I go flex or 400 ish on pump fuel