STD or customs size : STD with cutback added
Trailing Angle : 45 Degree
Blade : 6+6
Bore Type : Through
Fits OE Comp Hsg : Fit OE Comp Hsg
Cutback : 6.0
Rotation : Forward

9 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Good luck, looks as much of a fail as trying to fit 1/2 height injectors with 3/4 height extensions to a R34 NEO intake manifold.

Suitable for Turbo/Chra or Upgrade for 739548/446179-0066

Well that's equivalent to a gtx2863 compressor wheel but in 6+6 blades instead of 11+0. 2863 wheel mated to gt2510 turbine has already been tested and proven to be a fail. I can't recall if you're on gt28 or gt25 turbine but either way that's too much compressor flow for a stock housing gtr turbo IMHO.

• Like 2

I have hks 2530 47.7-60, .60

GTX2863 more diameter, more difficult to untwist, in addition, the weight at the ends of the wheel at 2863 more, which at 300,000 rpm becomes a big difference

GTX2863 weigh 63g, and the GTX2860 56g, these wheels weigh only 47g, the stock weighs 50g

However, I am thinking about putting a turbine house .72 instead of .64

Edited by frakzz

Weight of the wheel doesn't influence the rpm you see full boost. Wheel aero, balance between compressor and turbine capacity/diameter and turbine housing are the main factors.

Weight of the compressor wheel somewhat matters during transient (between gear shift or when you floor it above boost threshold for example). But weight is nothing really, it is how it's distributed around the axis of revolution ie inertia that is important.
And while your new wheels are lighter they're also bigger in diameter. The weight is further away from the axis and distance account as squared when you calculate the inertia. So weight means almost nothing for transient. Especially when the turbine is more than twice the weight.

For the record these wheels will not hold themselves at 300k rpm. They may spin up to 165k rpm but that's about it.

Fitting bigger wheel in stock housing will just net you more lag for marginally better power if any.
Going bigger exhaust housing should help you unveil that theoretical power that these wheels may flow but it will add another bunch of lag.

For the money you'll spend fitting these wheels and sourcing .72 a/r exhaust housing you could get a good single outspooling/outflowing and with way better transient than what you're building.

If you want more response with a 26 with stock-ish twins you should stroke the engine, install a variable valve timing (hks one or made one yourself as I did on my 20), go single turbo or do the three solutions I mentioned.

If you just want more power this is the same recipe except for the variable valve timing.

But that's your car, your money, your life. There is just a consensus here that tells you that it is a terrible idea that has been tested before albeit with smaller gt25 turbine (hks gt2530 comes with the gt28 turbine).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now the car is going very well, but there is a turbojam at the switchings. I want to fix this and get 600 + bhp.  Unfortunately, forged wheels from 2860-5s do not make. Who can help to choose the best wheels? Attached file with list of wheels

xfdcb6d21-2b5a-4003-bb5b-1c910c03037d.thumb.jpg.09cd099a541ff136b276778846d0b8b3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kenrDB07BB.jpg

Billet Compressor Wheel.xls

Edited by frakzz

Frakzz just give up on the twins mate you're wasting your money and time.

Put 1 turbo on it that will meet your goals it will make the power it will be far more responsive and make for a more reliable healthy engine if you choose an appropriate sized turbine housing.

Chase your tail on every possible wheel combination possible THEY WILL ALL FAIL!

Why not just spend that money on a nice single so you dont have to keep pulling turbos on and off and paying to have them machined, retuning and dyno time etc. Its gunna be more fun to drive, will actually be running instead of living on a hoist & did i mention will be more responsive??   JOB DONE! 

Edited by Mick_o
  • Like 1

Just realized its taking almost 2 seconds to come onto target boost pressure between gears.... Thats TERRIBLE! 

I dont wanna be sounding like a complete cock here. But i do appreciate the effort you are going to and sharing all your data.

These are the things that help people make informed decisions about setting their cars up.

But i think you need to look at your data and how many times you have fallen short of your goals and cut your losses and bolt on a nice manifold and single and enjoy your car! 

I will not give up ))
How about this? https://conceptzperformance.com/czp-pro-boosted-garrett-gt2860r-bb-700-hp-billet-wheel-ball-bearing-twin-turbo-kit-nissan-300zx-90-96-z32-739548-5009s-kt_p_17163.php

what about this wheel?

Nose Dia. : 15.41 mm
Inducer Dia. : 46.52 mm
Exducer Dia. : 60.13 mm
Extend Tapered Tip Exducer Dia. : No Extend Tip
Tip Height : 6.16 mm
Super Back Height : 2.30 mm
Overall Height : 24.50 mm
Bore Size : 5.99 mm
Racing or Non-racing : Non-Racing
STD or customs size : STD size
Trailing Angle : 45 Degree
Blade : 6+6
Bore Type : Through
Fits OE Comp Hsg : Fit OE Comp Hsg
Cutback : 0.0
Rotation : Forward

Edited by frakzz

Just jamming a bunch of different compressor wheels in isnt going to fix your problem, you need to look at everything as a package.

Start also looking at your housing sizes and turbine wheel sizes or just put a single on where someone else has done all the work for you

9 hours ago, Mick_o said:

You must have lots of money to burn? 

How many attemts will you have? 

You wont find a combination that works because there quite simply isn't one!

I can always put the wheels from 5s and it will definitely work. They are simply cast wheels, but they want billet.

21 minutes ago, frakzz said:

I can always put the wheels from 5s and it will definitely work. They are simply cast wheels, but they want billet.

So just bolt a set of 5s on mate and be done with it??

Whats the attraction of billet? As has been said numerous times there is not enough turbine to drive a billet wheel efficiently.

But dont expect them or any twin turbo setup to last long with 600hp as you will simply cook them running them WAAAY out of their efficiency range.

23 hours ago, frakzz said:

Now the car is going very well, but there is a turbojam at the switchings. I want to fix this and get 600 + bhp.  Unfortunately, forged wheels from 2860-5s do not make. Who can help to choose the best wheels? Attached file with list of wheels

xfdcb6d21-2b5a-4003-bb5b-1c910c03037d.thumb.jpg.09cd099a541ff136b276778846d0b8b3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kenrDB07BB.jpg

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/445007-the-frankinstien-twin-turbo-thread/

I found this. Might give you a whole heap of new idea’s for your frankenfails. Make sure you give a failure % too.

Carry on.

?

what role does Trailing Angle play? 45/60

CZP Pro-Boosted Garrett GT2860R BB 700+ HP Billet Wheel used this wheels

Nose OD: 11.82 mm

Inducer Dia.: 49.62 mm

Exducer Dia. : 61.98 mm

Extend Tapered Tip Exducerdia : 65.90 mm

Tip Height : 4.95 mm

Super Back Height : 2.32 mm

Overall Height : 27.63 mm

Bore: 5.99 mm