SAU Community

Which should I go with GTX2863, 2530, or 2860-5

15 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Voodoo, out of curiosity, what did that whole exercise set you back? I wouldn't imagine it would have been cheap.

It would be more than a bit disappointing for sure!

Whats the plan now? Will you leave the twins on there for a while?

Will PM you

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I think I would have you in my old school -9 setup mate. Bummer to see.

Would one of those cores fit into a T28 housing... My Silvia might like it

Yes, i am dissapoint son..

Well, they might be up for sale soon lol

Don't feel bad. You tried something and you reported back honest results. Much respect from me.

I try to do the same but this place can be hostile sometimes lol

Hopefully you recover as much of the outlay as possible and onto something better (if this result can't be improved to your satisfaction).

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Don't feel bad. You tried something and you reported back honest results. Much respect from me.

Hopefully you recover as much of the outlay as possible and onto something better (if this result can't be improved to your satisfaction).

+1 to all this 

6 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I still have my -9's so it's tempting to just chuck them back on, go E85, Kelford cams :-) :-)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, djvoodoo said:

I still have my -9's so it's tempting to just chuck them back on, go E85, Kelford cams :-) :-)

Dont do that lol! Throw a 7670 on it and make more power EVERYWHERE! 

• Like 2

Sell 9s and HKS frankenfails which will pretty much cover the manifold gates.

Also go 1.05 rear mate ?

When you make a PHAT 380-400kw with stock cams & E85 with better than or close to stock twins response COME TAKE ME FOR A SPIN! ?

• Like 1

mmmm, good read......as always on SAU

Certainly makes me question doing a similar thing I've been toying with for some time now (have my -7's rebuilt with -9 rears and -5 fronts :-/).....staying low mount twins no matter what...

Was also looking at using a mob in Sydney to do the turbo job who replied the same to you :13_upside_down:

Edited by mr_rbman

I honestly dont think there is any magical combination that will work better than the old GT series -7s to -5s for the stock low mount setup unfortunately. There are just too many issues working against them. I have to say i agree with Lithium and say probably only the GTX2860 wheel would maybe just still have enough turbine flow for that compressor. 

Just makes me wonder though. 

Does anybody actually know if the billet GTX wheels are lighter than the cast GT wheels? Is it really worth it?

• Like 1

mmmmm, so really if i'm set on staying low mount twins but chasing more power & (same response (ish) than -7 power, i may as well just follow what ActionDan has done and get some -9's, cams & E85!?!?

What I had initially planned:

I have picked up a set of -7's (one blown) cheap as i suspect I have a failed turbo seal with one of my -7's.

I was thinking of selling off the two good -7's and rebuilding the two failed ones but try and chase more power (currently 310rwkws @ 18-20PSI....) thinking/hoping high 300's...

Sorry to thread hi-jack, just didn't think this warranted a new thread...

57 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Hypergear can essentially "highflow" a -9 as well, with a bigger billet comp wheel for some more grunt. 

This would be interesting. Wonder if it would turn out anything like my GTX2863 debacle lol?

I suppose they would keep to the same trim/inducer and exducer size rather than going huge comp wheel, but just give it a billet wheel?

Pretty much i'd imagine. Still don't think it would be worth the actual cost to do it anymore

1 hour ago, mr_rbman said:

mmmmm, so really if i'm set on staying low mount twins but chasing more power & (same response (ish) than -7 power, i may as well just follow what ActionDan has done and get some -9's, cams & E85!?!?

What I had initially planned:

I have picked up a set of -7's (one blown) cheap as i suspect I have a failed turbo seal with one of my -7's.

I was thinking of selling off the two good -7's and rebuilding the two failed ones but try and chase more power (currently 310rwkws @ 18-20PSI....) thinking/hoping high 300's...

Sorry to thread hi-jack, just didn't think this warranted a new thread...

A friend made 365awkw wtih -7's on E85 and 25psi on a good motor. I'd say if you really do want more then its time to get -5s