SAU Community

Which should I go with GTX2863, 2530, or 2860-5

I think if I had some car blokes that have had twins , that went to a single and loved the overall results, that know heaps of other blokes that have had twins and gone single and loved the results,  tell me I cannot get what I want from twins and if I go past a certain power the twins will struggle to handle it  and you are willing to keep paying money trying to achieve a result that the twins will stuggle with , I would just take the advice freely given.

But it is your money, you seem willing to keep spending it and happy , no one will change your mind.

There are also blokes on SAU that love Twins, I would be talking to them.

These blokes had twins and went single, no one went back to twins unless they put a crappy single on and achieved great lag!

You asked these blokes what they thought and you were told what they know works for what you want , if you are happy with twins , thats great.  But if you want something that will get better results and  better reliability longer at 600+ , listen to them 

Best of luck

• Like 2

Exactly I have twins, love my twins and am making 550hp at the wheels with -5s but I can tell you now theres no way I’d push these any further then I have

you keep just jamming compressor wheels in these things but there’s 4 main components that dictate airflow on a turbo and all 4 need to work together.

Trying changing more then the compressor wheel cause if you’re still using the 2510 compressor housing, turbine wheel and turbine housing, youve got no hope

• Like 2

14 hours ago, frakzz said:

what role does Trailing Angle play? 45/60

CZP Pro-Boosted Garrett GT2860R BB 700+ HP Billet Wheel used this wheels

Nose OD: 11.82 mm

Inducer Dia.: 49.62 mm

Exducer Dia. : 61.98 mm

Extend Tapered Tip Exducerdia : 65.90 mm

Tip Height : 4.95 mm

Super Back Height : 2.32 mm

Overall Height : 27.63 mm

Bore: 5.99 mm

Bore Type : Through

Blade : 6+6

Rotation: Forward

I reckon do it, and show us your failed results again :)

• 2 weeks later...

what's the difference between 45 and 60 Trailing Angle?

Will such wheels fit?))

Nose Dia. : 15.41 mm
Inducer Dia. : 46.52 mm
Exducer Dia. : 60.13 mm
Extend Tapered Tip Exducer Dia. : No Extend Tip
Tip Height : 6.16 mm
Super Back Height : 2.30 mm
Overall Height : 24.50 mm
Bore Size : 5.99 mm
STD or customs size : STD size
Trailing Angle : 45 Degree
Blade : 6+6
Fits OE Comp Hsg : Fit OE Comp Hsg
Cutback : 0.0
Rotation : Forward

Edited by frakzz

It is the angle formed between the blade and the tangent to the compressor wheel at the exducer of the wheel.

I'm not familiar with this notion but after a very quick resarch it seems that a higher angle might increase efficiency and maximum pressure ratio. Bear in mind that these results were found in a centrifugal oil/water pump, not an actual air pump like a turbo.

There is more research needed to give you a correct answer, answer that will not give you what you're looking for in terms of power and response anyway.

and how about this wheel?

Nose Dia. : 12.53 mm
Inducer Dia. : 47.71 mm
Exducer Dia. : 60.13 mm
Extend Tapered Tip Exducer Dia. : 64.10 mm
Tip Height : 4.44 mm
Super Back Height : 2.30 mm
Overall Height : 24.60 mm
Bore Size : 5.99 mm
Racing or Non-racing : Racing
STD or customs size : STD size
Trailing Angle : 60 Degree
Blade : 6+6
Fits OE Comp Hsg : Fit OE Comp Hsg
Cutback : 0.0
Rotation : Forward

28KHe's right! ^^^ 

Honestly how many times do you plan doing this? 

Without having the turbine flow you are wasting your time and money on ALL of these compressor wheels! 

Remember there is 2 sides to a turbo? 

You think changing 1 wheel is gunna magically create some mystical set of twins that will make 600hp? 

Your next issue making 600hp RELIABLY because i can guarantee if you'r running the old GT series cores you will be cooking the cores in no time! 

Edited by Mick_o
  • Like 1

I do not understand what the problem is, because there were turbines HKS 2535, 2540, GT-RS. They have much more wheels than what I want to put

I understand that the smaller the angle the better the air is compressed and the more pressure can provide the wheels

Edited by frakzz

hks 2535 not a bad option, although the wheels are bigger

-Wheel- 56 Trim - 51.6 Inducer / 69.0 Major

I think since I already bought those wheels it's worth to try them, if I do not go to put the original))

I did not find that someone used such wheels earlier

2df179d2-47b3-473c-b68d-1c605ec84396.jpg

Edited by frakzz

on another forum wrote (hks 2535)

That particular car clocked 670 flywheel hp at a conservative 1.25bar.
On boost by 3500rpm.
Minimal lag and good power.
Sounds like a good setup anyway.....

Edited by frakzz

Have you considered that maybe the compressor wheel might NOT be the problem? 

The GT RS sucked, the 2540 sucked, that 2535 (69 mm exducer) will suck also. They all have the same bloody turbines. 

Maybe you should supercharge it. You don’t seem to give any thought to the other side of the turbocharger which seems to be a common idea around here. You can throw as much shiny compressor at it as you want. ?.

Honestly, bin this twin turbo junk. Cut your losses and move on!  T4 Twin scroll GTX 3582/1.01 OR EFR 8374/1.05. It will punch the hell out of all this trash you’re trying.