SAU Community

Which should I go with GTX2863, 2530, or 2860-5

9 hours ago, r32-25t said:

I assume this is a gtst or gtt, if so just buy a turbo and fit it don't bother trying to make hybrids as they don't work 

Rb26dett gtt r34. Sorry for my bad eng. My rebuilted turbos 2510 worked well for 3 yeas, quick spool 3000 1kg, max boost 1.8. but unfortunately in them something was horrible and damaged the wheels. Then I decided rebuild they and to increase the rear end of the turbine to 2530. But 2530 is a very old turbine and I decided to look at the catalog garrett to  search of a new turbine and came across a GTX2863. I want to take the chra (cartridge) of GTX2863 and put it in the hks body while increasing the rear of the turbine and compressor housing. but on the calculator comes out a very lagly so it is. or it is better to stop at 2530. There where do the turbines said that after boring the rear and the front hull hks differ from GTX and will not be. They said that it would give an exact copy of the turbine GTX2863. In Russia, this is the only company that manufactures qualitatively turbines on a double-saw saddle-bearing.

Then spool up original twin gtx2863 on rb26?

1.jpg

11.jpg

111.jpg

1111.jpg

Edited by frakzz

On 23.09.2017 at 10:09 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Every "experiment" with larger GTX wheels ends up with anti climatic results.

If you want to burn money correctly I suggest you go a big twin scroll turbo and be happy. Every owner who wants response, driveability and big power all end up moving to a modern single. If it took BMW only 3 years to work out twins are gay it's sure taking a damn while for you GT-R boys.

I will take the risk

rebuld my hks GT2510 to GTX2860R

2 hours ago, r32-25t said:

Voodoo did his and they were a disaster and sold them for a lot less then it cost him in the first place 

his change only compressor wheel to 2863, i  change all enternals (CHRA) 

he did not increase the back, it turned out that there is a bottleneck

he changed only the compressor wheel, and I changed all the insides and grind the turbine house (replace to GTXCHRA 2860)

2860 wheel less than 2863

HKS GT2510

COMPRESSOR:
-Wheel- 63 Trim - 47.7 Inducer / 60.1 Major -Housing- 60 Inlet / 50 Outlet - 0.60 A/R
TURBINE:
-Wheel- 62 Trim - 53.0 Major / 41.7 Exducer -Housing- GT25 inlet / Internal GT25 oulet - 0.64 A/R

GTX2860R

Compressor Wheel: 45.7 / 60 mm / Trim 58 (GTX 11+0 Blade billet Wheel / Extend tapered tip)
Turbine Wheel: 47.0 mm / 53.8 mm / Trim 76

Edited by frakzz

9 hours ago, frakzz said:

his change only compressor wheel to 2863, i  change all enternals (CHRA) 

he did not increase the back, it turned out that there is a bottleneck

he changed only the compressor wheel, and I changed all the insides and grind the turbine house (replace to GTXCHRA 2860)

2860 wheel less than 2863

HKS GT2510

COMPRESSOR:
-Wheel- 63 Trim - 47.7 Inducer / 60.1 Major -Housing- 60 Inlet / 50 Outlet - 0.60 A/R
TURBINE:
-Wheel- 62 Trim - 53.0 Major / 41.7 Exducer -Housing- GT25 inlet / Internal GT25 oulet - 0.64 A/R

GTX2860R

Compressor Wheel: 45.7 / 60 mm / Trim 58 (GTX 11+0 Blade billet Wheel / Extend tapered tip)
Turbine Wheel: 47.0 mm / 53.8 mm / Trim 76

That's cute mate.

How do you plan on making the smaller inducer of the GTX wheel fill the larger hole left by the GT wheel?

Do yourself a favour and forget about shoehorning this and that into places where they don't belong. If you REALLY want to run GTX 2860's then do it properly and run the genuine GTX housings and redo the pipework to suit (IE 3.0 inch all the way to the compressor covers) and do away with the small, tight Nissan gear. 

5 hours ago, Piggaz said:

That's cute mate.

How do you plan on making the smaller inducer of the GTX wheel fill the larger hole left by the GT wheel?

Do yourself a favour and forget about shoehorning this and that into places where they don't belong. If you REALLY want to run GTX 2860's then do it properly and run the genuine GTX housings and redo the pipework to suit (IE 3.0 inch all the way to the compressor covers) and do away with the small, tight Nissan gear.

See the result next week after setting aem

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by frakzz