SAU Community

Which should I go with GTX2863, 2530, or 2860-5

I didn't say it was the cheapest solution, I said "Low mount twins are fine for sub 400rwkw and not costing the earth or having mad lag. "

Which is true. 

Wouldn't expect a basic T3 .82 single scroll to be markedly different in response or power but with the added issue of potential defect. 

You guys pull your dicks like using 2 turbos is the end of the world and the reality for plenty of people doing is that they are fine/good enough. 

Are there better ways of doing things? Of course, that's true for any solution - there's always something better. 

Do they work and product a result? I can say personally yes and the result is decent enough. 

For THIS application, given his power/response goal he should go full spec TS single, i think we can all agree on that. 

Unsubscribing from this thread now. Looking forward to seeing resultts in the dyno thread. 

• Like 1

Yeah you only hear about the single turbo builds where people go all out and get an EFR and TS manifold and then buy a stroker kit while they're at it because well you've gone this far....

half decent manifolds are cheap and so are medium sized turbos

• Like 1

On 17/11/2017 at 12:13 PM, sneakey pete said:

Yeah you only hear about the single turbo builds where people go all out and get an EFR and TS manifold and then buy a stroker kit while they're at it because well you've gone this far....

half decent manifolds are cheap and so are medium sized turbos

Didnt Usmair slap one on his stocker GT-R? Looked like it performed well just the numbers were a bit of a croc. That dyno needs to be recalibrated by Mainline. 

3 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Didnt Usmair slap one on his stocker GT-R? Looked like it performed well just the numbers were a bit of a croc. That dyno needs to be recalibrated by Mainline. 

Went well...But he couldn't run 35psi? ?

On 11/16/2017 at 2:21 PM, discopotato03 said:

Just for my 2c .

Personally I would never use these GTX compressor wheels without a port shrouded compressor housing , I can't remember too many if any being supplied complete by Garrett without them .

RB26 twins don't appear to be an application that can use port shrouded compressor housings because there wouldn't be space for them .

I think there are good reasons why Garrett supply RB26 replacement turbos with conventional style compressor wheels , mainly compressor surge .

A .

GCG has you covered.
https://gcg.com.au/petrol-performance/performance-4/turbochargers-kits/nissan-rb26dett-bolt-on-turbo-set-gtx28r-series-detail

Still not to take away from any of the other issues but if you absolutely must have 500awkw with stock housings you're probably not going to get better than that.

I emailed GCG about putting 0.63 rear housings on these. This was their response: 

Thanks for the enquiry. We can supply these with an 0.64a/r, which would definitely bring them on earlier, although our testing did show the test vehicle surging under light throttle. However, we haven’t tested these with the new surge slotting on the compressor housings, so it’s something that could possibly work, as long as the engine is capable of handling the airflow that the turbochargers provide.

The issue we had originally is the GTX turbochargers push a HEAP of air into the cylinders, but the engine just could not handle the excessive flow, and this is where surge occurred. If the cylinder head is modified is the right way, and you have a nice big volume plenum, the issue shouldn’t present itself. Keep in mind we cannot guarantee they will not surge.

You also need a big BOV if you’re planning on running these (Turbosmart Race Port 50mm should do the job)

Aren't they referring to the intake rather than exhaust? Sounds like they could work well, you just can't oversize the turbo for the engine else end up with flow issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a new billet wheel 6 + 6. It is 5mm higher than usual. They weigh 47g (old 6 + 6 weigh 50g, 11+0 weigh 56g). I'll try them. The wheels of the GTX series are clearly not suitable for rb26.

7869be5d1ef6.jpg
46be0eab16c2.jpg

Edited by frakzz