SAU Community

New clutch for my R33 Gtst

For anyone reading and thinking of getting a competition clutch, go Google Competition Clutch Explode, Competition Clutch Problems, issues etc.

If you're on a budget and poor like most of us, get a NPC 10" Carbotic clutch. Pedal effort is softer than a stock clutch and there's about 1.7 to 1.8 tonnes of clamping force. Yes they may be Exedy parts in those clutches but they're completely different to your standard Exedy Sports range clutches.

If you have coin go Nismo Twin

• Like 1

Are there list prices anywhere or do you just call them direct?

I think golebys website has prices, used to anyway. For your application a single organic npc will do the job. Unless your planning to go for 350-400rwkw. My single npc is handling 310 easily and has copped plenty of abuse, still feels perfect other than a noisy thrust bearing. I would suggest using a genuine nissan thrust bearing rather than the npc supplied one.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

For anyone reading and thinking of getting a competition clutch, go Google Competition Clutch Explode, Competition Clutch Problems, issues etc.

If you're on a budget and poor like most of us, get a NPC 10" Carbotic clutch. Pedal effort is softer than a stock clutch and there's about 1.7 to 1.8 tonnes of clamping force. Yes they may be Exedy parts in those clutches but they're completely different to your standard Exedy Sports range clutches.

If you have coin go Nismo Twin

I also have the NPC 10" clutch with NPC's lightened steel flywheel - I was very dubious of the benefit of a lightened flywheel - after all, the gearbox/diff/wheels hang off it...

...well it made a significant difference in 1st and 2nd...I hadn't factored in the gearing available at "the front end" of the gearbox - now I understand..

NPC was an easy choice for me, as they have a great reputation and are based in Brisbane, Australia like me...but the OP @HCD_Velcra is in Germany...

... @HCD_Velcra you guys have crazy tune up shops that surely can recommend an appropriate locally available clutch for 400HP - if not, Nismo twin plate:14_relaxed:

cheers

Mike

PS - typically Nismo stuff is very good, it's not just a label - if you lived over here then I'd recommend NPC

PPS - as others have said, your 400HP target is at the limit of organic clutches - once you move to other materials the take-up/feel moves towards how a light switch operates (ie on/off). My NPC organic clutch holds 315hp no problem, and the takeup feels like a normal car. I'm sure you can source similar in Germany.

• Like 1