SAU Community

what hp should I expect

what hp should I expect

Obviously my title is vague as hell, but it's meant as a fun guessing thread anyways. 

So my GTR is getting tuned. 

i have absolutely no idea what kw and torque I should be expecting.

So here's the setup :

- Shitty mushroom intakes

- 3'' full exhaust. Don't know the brand.

- 13PSI

- HKS external BOV (he's gonna move the MAFs after the intercooler so that way the external BOV won't create issues anymore.

- stock ECU, stock turbos, stock everything else

- Getting rear wheel dynoed tune if that changes anything

So let the guessing game begin.

heres my absolutely wrong af guess 

205rwkw and.... Uh... Some torque.

2 hours ago, admS15 said:

243.9kw but if canadian dynos are like murican ones 353kw. Lol

Was going to ask, how the Canadian dynos compared to 'Murican ones.

I'd focus on getting rid of those shitty sponge pods (either standard air box with paper filters or APEXi/similar paper filters) and getting at least N1 turbos + tune.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

You're tuning the stock ECU? Unless he's go 'old skool' and burning an EPROM then socketing the ECU.

I'm assuming it's a R32.

Yeah it's a R32. I did mention it's a stock ECU to the tuner and he told me it's no issue. If i think about it i'll ask him what he did to the ecu.

2 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Was going to ask, how the Canadian dynos compared to 'Murican ones.

I'd focus on getting rid of those shitty sponge pods (either standard air box with paper filters or APEXi/similar paper filters) and getting at least N1 turbos + tune.

Still waiting for that montreal JDM shop internet add selling stock air box. Maybe one day lol.

It's my first turbo car and I'm a pretty relaxed/slowish driver so stockish performence is a plenty for me. Well, for now.

and too admS15, i quoted the wrong person and had ro edit : Well have to wair and see if canadian dynoes read stupid high lol.

Edited by drunken0elf

Well rip. The results aren't in yet. The tuner is having issues with his dyno. It's s brand new setup/garage and things aren't going as well as he planned. 

I really want to get it tuned by him since he's concidered the best skyline tuner in quebec.