SAU Community

New GTR owner from the US!

Malachi1364

New GTR owner from the US!

Hello all from the USA! Finally bought my dream car that Ive wanted for the last 14 years! (Damn US regulations) Ive been searching around this forum for awhile now and figured it was time to join. Not too much of a r32 GTR forum scene here in the USA yet so hopefully I can gain some knowledge from all of you guys and maybe along the way find a Junk Yard parts connection guy (I need one of these!)

Im a Journeyman Machinist and i turn 30yrs old this upcoming week and for my birthday my wife asked me what i wanted and i said "my dream car (a white r32 GTR)" and she said I could buy one so thats exactly what I did and I couldnt be happier. This is not my first nissan nor my first RB engine. I had multiple s13's with Rb20/Rb25's so im pretty familiar with the series of engine. I cant wait to make this car exactly what i want in a GTR.

Now about the car...

its a 1989 white R32 GTR with 76000km on the chassis. It has a R34 N1 engine (24U stamped on block), Tomei 260 cams, tomei cam gears, 750cc injectors, HKS T04R lowmount turbo, HKS FMIC, 3" Veilside full turboback exhaust with no cat, Chipped ECU (no idea who did the tune as it runs pretty rich), OS Giken twin plate clutch, Nismo rear diff, Tein Coilovers, Volk Re30 rims and an oil filter relocation kit w/ oil cooler. It made 491 AWHP on 1.1bar of boost on a crap ecu tune (haltech coming shortly)

I have a bunch of plans for this car so I will start a progress thread most likely and hopefully can get some valuable input from all of you.

Anyways heres a video of the car https://youtu.be/_h_3l9sRrLY

Showroom.jpg

ExteriorFront.jpg

MAG COVER.jpg

Edited by Malachi1364
  • Like 3

I had planned on going Haltech platinum Pro because in the USA I have more tuners that know that system over the Link (At least near me) Trying to figure out a new turbo right now at the same time too. That old outdated T04R journal bearing turbo doesnt hit 1.1 bar till 5300 RPM. So my current plan is changing the HKS low mount for a 6boost top mount and plan on going with a GTW3884r 67 trim. Should give me the same power but with better response from what ive researched. If i can get that all installed with the Haltech in the next couple months I believe id love the car even more. Right now the lag is really bad, but the second that boost hits, your put into your seat

If your going to change from bottom to top mount, you will need to fabricate a new intake and dump pipe. You may as well get a Borg Warner efr8374 turbo(latest tech). Will be the most responsive and be able to make even more power if you desired. Also is made in USA and you should have no problem getting one at a decent price. Fullrace is a distributor. My 2c

Apparently the spool is very good but where the bw shines is transient response. So basically how quickly it comes back onto boost, say between gear changes. Search Google for borg Warner efr series turbos v2.0 and it should come up with the sau thread. There is some Dyno graphs in there you can see and plenty of info.