SAU Community

Illusive rb25det

Hi guys I have a 1996 series 2 r33 4 door skyline and it has a stutter/holding back at high revs before vct problem.

Engine is completely factory except for hks ssq bov, red jacket coils, 3 inch exhaust from dump pipe and walbro fuel pump and running factory boost.

Ive tried a different ecu, coil packs, fuel pump, have changed from iridiums to bcpr7es gapped to 0.8mm, kinda stuck and frustrated, any help would be much appreciated.

received_10155511493425417.jpeg

BCPR6ES would be better. When you say you have changed the coils do you mean you have replaced the red jackets? They are not the best. OEM or Splitfires are the only reeliable coils. Does it go on to make full power after the stutter? If not maybe your injectors need a clean.

I had the 6es in but went and got 7es today and the 7es does run noticeably better but definitely not perfect. I've got my brothers coils in which are from his 400hp drift car so I know they're good. Once vct hits but around 6000rpm it kicks back to life somewhat. Feathering the throttle also helps and at WOT it's worst.