SAU Community

Garret gt35 fully stock RB25 neo??

Just now, 26DETT said:

Yeah i just don't know what to get i need a shopping list

Aight - well I just gave you one :)

1 minute ago, inmaniac said:

With that kind of turbo setup surely you'd want all the usual stuff?

• Exhaust
  • FMIC
  • Fuel Pump
  • Injectors
  • AFM
  • ECU

7 minutes ago, 26DETT said:

Can you be more specific? Eg. Injectors 500cc? Lol emoji111.png

Mate, there are literally 1000's of variables when you're talking about all of those items. Just use the search bar for each one, you'll find very extensive threads covering each one.

Here's some arbitrary items (with no thought to your power goals or budget):

• Exhaust - Custom made, 3in TBE, high flow cat
  • FMIC - Plazmaman Core, Piping kit
  • Fuel Pump - Walbro 460LPH (buy along with a e85 flex sensor, Turbosmart FPR)
  • Injectors - 1000cc Xspurt
  • AFM - Z32 or R35
  • ECU - Link, Haltech, take your pick
Edited by inmaniac

+ boost controller (if your ecu doesnt have one)

+ Exhaust includes new downpipe and possibly whole New exhaust

+ New intercooler piping

+ fuel pump wiring

+tune

+ New turbo feed/return limes

+ clutch

+possibly New exhaust manifold studs (mine snapped when I removed the OEM manifold from s1 rb25det).

+Depending on boost/ power levels you plan to run possibly New head gasket and head bolts/studs. Maybe even forged internals depending on your budget/engine condition/how much you want to push it.

And ofcourse good manifold and wg. Lots of small things (like manifold studs etc) that might need changing can add quite a lot to the cost

I was looking at this turbo kit from cxracing. Let me know what you guys think https://www.cxracing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=92_629_1613&product_id=2824

It's cheap Chinese crap, turbo is journal bearing which will make it extra extra laggy in that size. If they're the quality of components you're going to use, you may want to rethink your plan. There's plenty of information on sau on how to build and not build your car. I suggest you start researching. Hypergear is a popular turbo supplier for rb engines. Good luck.
  • Like 2

What sort of power figure are you chasing for? Been an OP6, we can just high flow your stock turbo that can support up to 290rwkws on pump fuel.

In terms of engine supporting mods. This is what I've done to my R34 that have made decent power:

- Adaptronic ECU
- 1000CC ID injectors
- 3 inches turbo back exhaust
- Walbro 470L/H Fuel pump
- 3 inches induction pipe
- Split fire coil packs
- PWR 600x300x81mm intercooler

I understand trying to achieve certain sounds, but I hope you're not basing your entire build around it lol. Get the parts you need for desired power, then work out what kind of exhaust system you'd use. Youtube and talking to people on this forum would help with those decisions.

Regarding Hypergear, I recently bought one of their 21U high flows (smaller than OP6) and I've got 240ish rwkw (320hp to the wheels) and that's on pump fuel and basic mods. I highly recommend them and they've got a looooooong history in this community.

Even if you don't go with Hypergear, don't go with that chinese crappy turbo, you'll regret it.