SAU Community

Need help! R33 gtst chasing power

MrR33SKI

Need help! R33 gtst chasing power

Hey guys, 

I recently bought a r33 gtst which has some tasteful mods, custom exhaust, poddy, FMIC, alliminium radiator and FMiC

What can i do to reach 200kw atw? But i would need to stay in budget lets say the budget is around 4k or so. I can also get 1000cc injectors and ems stinger ecu but not sure which version for $500. If i get the ecu and tune it could i see 200kw on the stock turbo or will i have issues? 

Thanks for your wisdom o wise ones.

Edited by MrR33SKI
Mispelt

Yes you could get to or close to 200rwkw on a stock turbo. I wouldn't go over 11-12psi as the ceramic turbine wheels tend to snap off. If you're already getting injectors you could highflow the stock turbo for around $900. Will get you to 250-260rwkw. Will also need a better fuel pump, better airflow meter unless the ems runs map sensor, Afm won't be required.

• Like 2

I got 187rwkw @ 11psi on an average tune with FMIC and exhaust. Stock S2 turbo.

For what you're chasing, on a budget:

• High flow turbo ($1100)
  • Walbro 460 pump, with allowance for relay mod and bits ($250)
  • Z32 AFM ($300)
  • RB20 ECU, Nistune and Dyno ($1300)

This assumes you wouldn't get the EMS or injectors, and the prices I listed are on the high side. This combo is sub-$3k is good for 220-240rwkw and gives you everything you need to shoot for more power with the addition of a good set of injectors, maybe a flex sensor and board.

What injectors are you considering? I had lots of trouble with injectors, make sure you do it right!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply! 

Yeah i reckon id be happy with 187rwkw.

I think its bosch injectors... not sure. 

Inmaniac just exhuast and fmic? Stock ecu? And also what boost controller? 

So all id need is ecu and tune for 187rwkw? 

58 minutes ago, MrR33SKI said:

I think its bosch injectors... not sure. 

If there's any doubt, just go buy new. But as I said, you won't need injectors for <200rwkw

58 minutes ago, MrR33SKI said:

Inmaniac just exhuast and fmic? Stock ecu? And also what boost controller? 

So all id need is ecu and tune for 187rwkw? 

I used a Nistune, but in reality you don't need any ECU upgrade for that power level.

I used a GFB G-Force II EBC, but you can use a bleed valve if you really wanted to.

For that power level, your current mods and then upping boost to 11psi should do the trick. For 200+, as above.

Back in my old days I had a piggyback  safc2,gt28 turbo and managed to get 310 rwhp on stock r33 mad sensor. 

With the ems stinger,upgraded fuel pump+ injectors u should be able to achieve minimum 330 rwhp even do on stock turbo.

good luck mate 

Just get a manual bleed valve such as a $40 turbotech or a turbosmart and boost it to a safe 10psi, should get around 180rwkw which is still enough to have fun with.

I wouldn't get a tune with the stock turbo, to get 200rwkw you will have to run higher boost which is playing with fire with the ceramic turbine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vxsr33 said:

Just get a manual bleed valve such as a $40 turbotech or a turbosmart and boost it to a safe 10psi, should get around 180rwkw which is still enough to have fun with.

I wouldn't get a tune with the stock turbo, to get 200rwkw you will have to run higher boost which is playing with fire with the ceramic turbine.

This.

Up the boost, FMIC, exhaust etc etc.

I got 256rwhp (190kw) years ago (no ecu, injectors). Plenty to have fun with until you want to upgrade your turbo (and everything else!).

Edited by r33cruiser
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, K.koolman said:

With the ems stinger,upgraded fuel pump+ injectors u should be able to achieve minimum 330 rwhp even do on stock turbo.

Lol. No.

OP, get a boost gauge and a manual boost controller (bleed valve). Set to 11psi (max) and go have fun. Set and forget until you have the coin to go bigger and better. That's essentially what everyone is saying.

Edited by inmaniac
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. Ive decided to go with turbosmart ebc, ems stinger ecu, for now and see if im safe at 10psi. 

Also anyone know of someone that does close door resprays cheap? Gotta a couple of dings and marks on it. Live in sydney 

Edited by MrR33SKI

5 hours ago, K.koolman said:

The reason I stated that is because I have seen it with my own eyes...

good luck mate 

My R31 made 109rwkW once (RB30E is a sub 100kW engine).
Surely a GTS1 cam, extractors and 20 years of use wouldn't give it that much increased power? I think I still have the dyno sheet haha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrR33SKI said:

Thanks for the replies guys. Ive decided to go with turbosmart ebc, ems stinger ecu, for now and see if im safe at 10psi. 

Also anyone know of someone that does close door resprays cheap? Gotta a couple of dings and marks on it. Live in sydney 

Let us know your final hp figures.. cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/08/2017 at 4:36 PM, niZmO_Man said:

My R31 made 109rwkW once (RB30E is a sub 100kW engine).
Surely a GTS1 cam, extractors and 20 years of use wouldn't give it that much increased power? I think I still have the dyno sheet haha.

My old manual r31 silhouette made 126 kw at the wheels. Had extractors and 270,000 kms of wheel spin and burnouts for mods. I miss that rusty piece of crap.