SAU Community

Opinions on setup of turbo ect on a r34

Many of us could buy amazing cars if we'd saved our money up over the years instead of spending it on modifications, but then there's no enjoyment in the meantime and that's what car enthusiasm is about - not just the end product but watching something grow. It's like kid. And you can get to the end of it and say damn I wasted a lot of money or you can remember that you enjoyed yourself over those years and kept yourself entertained doing something you love. So I consider the cash spent a write off from the start. It's definitely one of the more expensive passions in life, but a passion nonetheless and no way was I going to waste all my years driving something boring whilst saving for something impressive :)

Don't agree with what OP has done but at least he's happy!

The thing is, the OP has done exactly what anyone with a modified Skyline has done?

It's only making 181kw because it's on low boost. If there was a DET in there the thing would be pushing 300KW at 22psi like everyone has been doing since 2005, and spending about the same amount of money that everyone has done since 2005.

The only kicker is the gearbox (maybe thats why its 181kw and not 300) because it'll have the NA gearbox. NA Brakes, but R34 has 5 stud hubs etc.

The takeaway from this is how much more it costs to mod your own car vs buying someone else's modded car.
If OP hadve sold his original car he would have got "some" money back. Lets say 5K for the entire car.

He could then take that 5K, and the 13K he spent now and buy this:

And had a MUCH better result sitting in his driveway.

• Like 1

^--- if you want to go completely mad, start shopping for a bottom end now so when you need to put it in in a year... you won't be waiting for a year for the engine build to arrive.

Alternatively, buy a stock gtt motor now to have it ready for later, and be happy with 300kw and a fun car and save your wallet. (noone does this)

• Like 1