SAU Community

Can you remove a stock rb25 turbo without jacking up the car?

sonicz

• 2 weeks later...

Its finished! Sort of... I have yet to take the car on a proper test drive but from initial impressions its all connected up and runs nicely.

After making a lot of silly mistakes, and only finished it last weekend (but theres till a bit more to do on the car non turbo related).

There was a lot of smoke on initial start up. Both out of exhaust (due to old blown turbo oil residue), and from engine bay turbo area, which I was freaking out over. I then realized its due to the wd40 is sprayed all over the exhaust bolts nuts etc burning off. It had a "new turbo smell" but it eventually cleared after only 3 or 4 min up the car warmed up and it sounded clean and sounded like it boosted great. I have yet to take it for a test drive hopefully will this weekend.

Made many mistakes and a lot of things had to be customly piped, new hoses, silicone adapters etc brackets,

I also forgot a single washer on one side of the coolant pipe on the turbo, facing the engine, and we thought we are all done hooked it all back piping everything, and while filling the radiator it was just pissing on the floor without realizing it. Lost all my expensive coolant etc. Then I forgot the heat exhaust manifold shield so if it had to come again and lots of things like that.

Edited by sonicz