SAU Community

Evans waterless coolant.

ms33

Evans waterless coolant.
Drained the coolant system and filled with Evans waterless coolant. Pleased with the results. My main concern was pressure in the cooling system, now I have none. Came back off a hard run, oil temp 102 degrees C. Coolant gauge the same as before using water. And promptly removed the rad cap, no expansion at all and no pressure on any hoses.

23 minutes ago, ms33 said:

Evans waterless coolant.

Drained the coolant system and filled with Evans waterless coolant. Pleased with the results. My main concern was pressure in the cooling system, now I have none. Came back off a hard run, oil temp 102 degrees C. Coolant gauge the same as before using water. And promptly removed the rad cap, no expansion at all and no pressure on any hoses.

Why is that a good thing? What problems were you having before?

I wouldn't use the stuff...
Last week the heater in my Hilux wasn't blowing hot air ( just warm ) .
Popped into my mechanic on the way home , top radiator hose was soft ( no pressure ).
Turned out to be a dodgy radiator cap not pressurising the system , hence the heater wasn't blowing hot air !

Need pressure !

Have a look as the MSDS sheet for Evans waterless coolant......its just 100% ethylene glycerol.  U can get the same product effect by filling your radiator with straight coolant [any brand].

http://contrails.free.fr/temp/NPG+_MSDS.PDF

Experience tells me Skylines don't need it, and if they ever did then its another underlying issue [clogged radiator etc].

• Like 1