SAU Community

Newbie Track Days

LB75

Newbie Track Days

New Here. Melbourne. 

I'm just starting out with my R33 GtsT track car. The car is mild but its set up and ready to go. I'm looking to get some experience on the track with the goal to eventually do sprints etc. Can anybody help me out and point me in the right direction with Clubs etc and where to begin. 

Thanks in advance.

27 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

Hey and welcome!!

Where are you located?

Track days are awesome, I was super daunted to get started but it really is super easy and fun!

Thanks mate, Eastern suburbs. Sounds good.

Thanks heaps.

15 minutes ago, PranK said:

Welcome to :sau: 

Track days are addictive. You'll have a ball. SAU'ers are very accomodating to new guys.

SAUVic runs events all the time, you're best bet is to contact them.

Christian

Thanks Christian, I'll do that.

Cheers Luke.

52 minutes ago, LB75 said:

Newbie Track Days

New Here. Melbourne. 

I'm just starting out with my R33 GtsT track car. The car is mild but its set up and ready to go. I'm looking to get some experience on the track with the goal to eventually do sprints etc. Can anybody help me out and point me in the right direction with Clubs etc and where to begin. 

Thanks in advance.

Welcome,

Joining Sau Vic is a good idea. For  sprints you generally need to be a member of a cams affiliated club (sau vic is) and a cams l2s licence. You can do cams come and try days without this requirement to get a feel for it and see if it's for you. Alternatively, tampered motorsport runs days at Sandown, cams licence or club membership not required but you have to purchase one of their day licenses for $20. There is one on at Sandown this sunday and there are spots still available. 

There will also be an sau vic day at Sandown end of september.

Good luck and hopefully will see you out there at some stage :1311_thumbsup_tone2: 

46 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Welcome,

Joining Sau Vic is a good idea. For  sprints you generally need to be a member of a cams affiliated club (sau vic is) and a cams l2s licence. You can do cams come and try days without this requirement to get a feel for it and see if it's for you. Alternatively, tampered motorsport runs days at Sandown, cams licence or club membership not required but you have to purchase one of their day licenses for $20. There is one on at Sandown this sunday and there are spots still available. 

There will also be an sau vic day at Sandown end of september.

Good luck and hopefully will see you out there at some stage :1311_thumbsup_tone2: 

Thanks for that, sounds great. Much appreciated.

The most important thing is don't worry too much about the state of your car or being slow.

Anyone who has done a track day has been in your shoes before and remembers it well. It's really the most non-judgmental car experience I've seen before.
I spent many years modding and upgrading and then found when I went there the car was WAY over kill for a beginner. (still very much a beginner!!)

However the nerves only last .,.. maybe the first couple of sessions, and any apprehension you had will be obliterated near instantly.

+1 for getting out there!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

The most important thing is don't worry too much about the state of your car or being slow.

Anyone who has done a track day has been in your shoes before and remembers it well. It's really the most non-judgmental car experience I've seen before.
I spent many years modding and upgrading and then found when I went there the car was WAY over kill for a beginner. (still very much a beginner!!)

However the nerves only last .,.. maybe the first couple of sessions, and any apprehension you had will be obliterated near instantly.

+1 for getting out there!

Thanks for the insight. Positive comments sure do go a long way and I'm stoked with some of the feedback I'm hearing on the forum. 

Thanks again?