SAU Community

another V35 CVT story

bebetaz

another V35 CVT story

Not sure if I should start my post by 'Hi' or 'Help'

Let's try Hi...

Hi every one, I have a 2003 v35 350GT8, not rolling at the minute. The transmission 'disengaged' while I was on the freeway and now just refuses to engage at all, forward or reverse. I do get a slight jerk when I try to press the accelerator, but that's about it.

I'm looking at 2 options, bite the bullet and get whatever I can get for it in the current state, or do a trans swap.

I guess my questions now would be:

- If I decide to sell it as is, what sort of price do you think I could hope for?

-If I go with the trans swap, what would be involved, how much would that cost and do you guys know anybody on the central coast NSW that could do this?

Thanks guys,

bebetaz

Edited by bebetaz

I dont have any info for you, but I will watch this topic as im in a similar position in the whole "is it worth doing a Trans Swap over just selling it". My only difference might be that Im so sicking-ly in love with my car still, so I would do anything I could affordably to keep it for a long long time. I could get a straight answer out of the few Auto shops I had contacted, so lets hope you get the info you need.

Cheers

I don't have much info either, but a mate (a few years ago now) bought a v35 with a shagged cvt gearbox and successfully installed a 5 speed auto out of a 350z.

But it wasnt without drama. He is an electrical engineer, and had a decent auto electrician helping out. Alot of effort, but ended up with a pretty good car for the money/time invested.

• 2 weeks later...