SAU Community

Car won't start. Immobiliser problem?

eXiilez

Car won't start. Immobiliser problem?

So last night I drove to my gym at about 10pm and everything was running perfectly. Haven't had any dramas like this before.

As I went to leave the gym and turn on my car, I found it wouldn't even remotely turn over. Now I have an immobiliser in my 03 V35. Have no idea if its stock or not. Basically when I turn my key so far it makes a constant clicking noise until I depress my immobiliser button and then all the dash lights and eveything works and then that allows me to start the car. However, last night it wouldn't even do that. I turn the key and nothing happens. No clicking noise or anything and I can't disable the immobiliser. 

I tried to do a little research and I've seen people with some similar issues but not the same. It's not the transponder in my key because I replaced that a few months ago as I lost it.. the central locking etc still works. 

Anyone have any idea what this could be? Is it the immobiliser or something else?

I had a similar issue with my m35. Ended up being a sticky relay inside the alarm/immobilizer. Once I found the box under the dash area near the ignition, I tapped the box a few times with a screwdriver and the relay unstuck and everything was back to normal. Worth trying.

42 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Is your immobilizer aftermarket? If yes, then will be under dash somewhere. Depending how good the installer was, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Put up a pic of your immobilizer button please.

Yeah, I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure wether or not it's stock or an aftermarket unit.

Here's the key and immobiliser button.

IMG_4127.JPG