SAU Community

Aussie Overseas + LHD R33

AusFreak

Aussie Overseas + LHD R33

Gdaaaaaay!!!

Currently overseas near the middle east and found a R33 RB25DET. It's pretty rare where I am to find a car like this, so I bought it for 4000USD and have started to work on it.
I will probably have a few questions here so am happy to be part of sau.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

• Like 1

So, I reckon it might be a hybrid S14 or Maxima/Custom.

The buttons in the middle (hazzard) and the mirror adjustment all look R33. The dash facia is carbon (or at least carbon lookalike with some kind of customisation) and the centre dash vent is on its own. It could well be R33 everything (gauges included) 

R33 gauges (I am not saying AusFreak's are nismo, but for size and spacing comparison);

post-79386-0-46667900-1294041984.jpg

R33 dash buttons;

r33dashdoublegaugemount.JPG

AusFreak you may not even care. But this is like Cluedo to me! 

• Like 1

Its good its good, more people interested the better, I like information. I have been working on my BMW and pretty much mastered the engine to my extent so I want to do the same for this car.

The Nismo dash has kmh and mph mines just KM but its pretty close. The needles look different and my taco is upside down :P they said they couldnt sit it correctly. (just hate people like that! MAKE IT FIT)

The carbon fibre feels like plastic and next time i look at the car ill pop that upsidedown screen off and see if its carbon fibre.

https://ibb.co/eZ2EZF

i thought the engine bay would be a bit different due to the fact they changed the steering wheel side. I took this photo because im polishing the ahh thing :P that manifold on the left

edit: the water temp goes above the H but when started cold the needle is 1/5th above the low point so im thinking the water gauge may be incorrect

Edited by AusFreak

• 1 year later...

Build thread aaaaay, ive already nearly finished doing my second upgrade on the engine. Currently:

Its been a while now but here is the list of things ive done

1. Walbro 255 fuel pump

2. TD06 Turbo (about to be upgraded again)

3. Fuel Pressure Regulator

4. Air Intake Manifold

5. changed intercooler

6. Apexi FC

7. larger piping from downpipe

8. injectors i had were 740cc but were replaced with i think 440cc or 600cc (which has made my life hell)

9. apexi clutch

10. piping

put it on the dyno and hit 311 with stock MAF. I have a z32 maf but last time i wired it up it blew up the ecu so im a bit afraid to install it but it will happen soon.

I have a new turbo and exhaust manifold ready to deploy. looking to push 450HP and see how it goes, when I get bored of 450 im going to do real work on the engine. 

Currently where I am they have a GTR thats broken the speed record here which is only 11.11 seconds quarter mile and its only 600HP.

Things to do:

1. Install new exhaust manifold

2. check brake pads and or calipers

3. possibly changing gearbox

4. install GT35 turbo

5. install oil relocation kit and cooler

6. install some splitfires or corvette igniters

7. fix up the fuel system, may include putting in topfeed injectos to go with my new fuel rail. Remove the fuel ramp pressure regulator 

Photo-2018-07-21-18-44-43_4538.JPG

• 3 weeks later...