SAU Community

Need help losing oil but no oil leak?

Need help losing oil but no oil leak?

Hey guys! 

So ive got a r33 gtst. 

Its got 180kms and im losing oil like crazy when i hit boost. Its stock besides fmic, exhuast and oil cooler. I noticed about a week ago my oil pressure has dropped but have done a major service 3 weeks a go. So i check the oil level and it was near empty.... looked around and couldnt find any oil droplets and/or puddles. Ive checked everywhere i park my car and no oil on the ground any where. But i did notice that the rear of my car get small oil marks (cars not running rich) . So i believe i have oil coming from the exhaust but dont know why. Please o wise ones share your knowledge with me! This is my dream car and i have owned it for 2months now and praying i did not buy a lemon :(

Did you do the service yourself? Fill the oil exactly to the mark on the dipstick?

Fill it again today and monitor the level for a week or two. If it has burned off a couple of litres do a compression test and then repeat it with a shot of oil in each cylinder to  see if its the rings.

21 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Did you do the service yourself? Fill the oil exactly to the mark on the dipstick?

Fill it again today and monitor the level for a week or two. If it has burned off a couple of litres do a compression test and then repeat it with a shot of oil in each cylinder to  see if its the rings.

Nah didnt do it myself had my mechanic do it. 

Yeah ill get a compression test tomorrow or wednesday and post results

Few questions that might get you some better answers....

1-  any smoke at all under boost? Or any smoke under any driving conditions?

2- how much oil is your engine using?

For example if you dropped the oil now and put 5 litres in.  How much oil would you have left if you dropped it after say 500km of driving.

3-   what oil are you using now?

4- any leaks around your sump area or underneath engine that you can see? Wet looking spots....

5- i like cats, would this shirt make me look gay at powercruise.

images-18.jpg

• Like 2

Can you give me an answer for both if i said yes and no? Because i havent seen any smoke but then again never had someone stand behind my car and tell me.

So 3-4weeks is almost empty.

10w 40. My dad told me to get maybe thicker oil cause the cars done 180kms but not sure? 

Doubt it because only park in the same 3 spots everyday and no drops or anything on the floor.

f**kkk no! Get me one! f**k dat gucci shit get me one of those and ill wouldnt give two f**ks about mi car :P

3-4 weeks of driving and its chewed through 3-4 litres of oil doesnt sound good. 

Im not a mechanic, im not going to tell you whats wrong. Maybe someone on here will steer you in the right direction. My amateur mechanic guess is oil is going past your rings and being burned up.

Or you have a serious leak that you really havent found. Do you park on grass? Or where there are rocks? So you wouldnt really see a oil spill. Just saying,  might be something very easy to fix or something expensive.

Edited by Cyko34

So have you topped up the oil or are driving around not knowing how much oil is in the sump?  If not buy some oil and drop 2L in, dip it , and then add 250ml at a time so you know how much you are under the full mark. It sounds as though you have limited mechanical knowledge and are using a workshop for everything which is sensible but in order to save money and learn to have confidence in your car it is good to start doing the basics (oil change, plugs etc) yourself.

2 hours ago, MrR33SKI said:

Dam im hoping its just the turbo? 

But how much would i be looking at for piston rings?

$200

The bottom end build to install them though...