• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

RB25Neo/30

A bit stuck, done a search but just confusing the f**k out of me. 

Got an RB25Neo/30 in my R32. Using the rb20 loom, got a coil conversion loom and rewired the injectors. 

When it comes to the ECU, what can I actually run? From what I have worked out there is a GTRLink that I can use as it's the same ecu plug. 

Found a Vipec V88 for a neo, that won't plug in though will it? How do I get around this as it's a good price.

cheers.

The Mafia    32

Hi mate

you only have 2 sort of easy choices here.

1. Remove the loom, and install a RB25 NEO loom to run with the Neo Vipec.
2. Get a GTRLink / Vipec. These fit all GTR models, and the R32 and R33 GTS-T. 

Any other way will only be a huge bitch.

You could get yourself a brand new wiring specialties Neo harness. Would cost about $1k but then you have a new loom. 

Personally, since later model Neos have fairly new looms in then, just grab a factory one of those nice and cheap

RenderedUnsafe    1
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, The Mafia said:

Hi mate

you only have 2 sort of easy choices here.

1. Remove the loom, and install a RB25 NEO loom to run with the Neo Vipec.
    2. Get a GTRLink / Vipec. These fit all GTR models, and the R32 and R33 GTS-T. 

Any other way will only be a huge bitch.

You could get yourself a brand new wiring specialties Neo harness. Would cost about $1k but then you have a new loom. 

Personally, since later model Neos have fairly new looms in then, just grab a factory one of those nice and cheap

When you say get a GTRLink/Vipec which Vipec is this that will work?

The Mafia    32

Vipec and Link are the same thing / same hardware. Vipec is actually gone now, absorbed back into Link. 

Vipec "V" series = Link G4
    Vipec "i" series = Link G4+

You want the model of vipec or link that fits the GTR. It also fits the RB20. (It's a one ECU fits all)

The GTRLink / GTRVipec fits everything except for the Neo as that has a different plug.

RenderedUnsafe    1
  • Topic Author
  • 28 minutes ago, The Mafia said:

Vipec and Link are the same thing / same hardware. Vipec is actually gone now, absorbed back into Link. 

Vipec "V" series = Link G4
    Vipec "i" series = Link G4+

You want the model of vipec or link that fits the GTR. It also fits the RB20. (It's a one ECU fits all)

The GTRLink / GTRVipec fits everything except for the Neo as that has a different plug.

Damn this one fits a neo, that's a no go.

Thanks heaps mate.

RenderedUnsafe    1
  • Topic Author
  • Just because I literally have no idea with any of this. 

For example, if I got a rb20 Nistune that will work, but a 25 one won't? All goes off what loom I have? So don't buy a neo ecu essentially?

KiwiRS4T    481

There is no RB25 Nistune so if you have an RB20 Nistune that will work although it will not control your VCT.

If you get a Neo ecu and loom you can get a GTT  LinkECU to put inside the Neo case which would be ideal...it can control your VCT and with a solenoid better control boost.

Griffin    17

I have the same dilemma with a rb20de cefiro. It's auto and I want to keep it auto. Can I use a link rb26rb20 plugin? Do they have a built-in map sensor to do away with afm?

KiwiRS4T    481
    10 hours ago, Griffin said:

I have the same dilemma with a rb20de cefiro. It's auto and I want to keep it auto. Can I use a link rb26rb20 plugin? Do they have a built-in map sensor to do away with afm?

I don't know where the auto ecu is on your cefiro. If it is in the main engine ecu then no you will not be able to use the GTR Link. Why don't you get a wire in Link instead and yes you can use a map sensor with it.

Griffin    17
    47 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

I don't know where the auto ecu is on your cefiro. If it is in the main engine ecu then no you will not be able to use the GTR Link. Why don't you get a wire in Link instead and yes you can use a map sensor with it.

Do you know how to find out? Will it be in the same location behind kick panel where main ecu is? 

I have an rb25 det manual loom and ECU, should I fit that and get a manual valve body for the auto to do away with the auto electrics? Then I could fit a plugin ECU .